RFE / Going to India

sr050603

Registered Users (C)
I have a pending 485 (RD: 10/15/02). Managed to speak to an immigration officer and she saw a note made on 11/03/04 stating more info reqd. on my case. She also added that it may take upto a month for the RFE or NOID to get generated by the system - she did not have access to what the query is about. My LUD is 11/04/04 although no change in msg - standard fingreprint recvd in 2002 msg.
I am travelling to India on 11/24 for 4 weeks.
The query notice may arrive before my departure or during my stay in India.
Is it ok to travel and re-enter on a valid AP (do not have H1) and then respond to the query after returning in both the cases. Has anybody gone through a similar case?
Any other potential issues in re-entering if NOID/RFE is pending?

Also, is the time given for response to RFE 90 days and NOID 30 days?

sr050603,

see my signature for my details.

My attorney responded for RFE on 8th nov and on-line message updated on 10th. my LUD updated on 10/13 and 10/14 and again 11/3 and 11/4.

Now I am thinking which LUD triggered RFE.

sr050603

Yes, you are Ok to Travel with a pending RFE. I went to India on Nov 3rd and came back on 14th. I replied to an RFE before I left for India and USCIs received the response on Nov 5th, while I was out of the country. I entered back into US on an AP. No problems what so ever.

I would check with a lawyer regarding the number of days for responding to the RFE...

GiveMeMyGCNow,
Thanks for the info, but my case is slightly different. I would leave the country 'before' responding. Provided I come back well in time to respond is there any other issue to be aware of.

kamvp,
The updates to your case in Oct suggest a similar internal processing for RFE generation, although LUDs can change for many other reasons.

What if you respond to RFE and go to india or may be u r in india and got approval.

and then you come back, is there anything like now "not aware of approval" and they let you in.?

WHAT IF YOU GET MARRIED IN INDIA AND BEFORE U CAN COME BACK UR WIFE, UR 485 GETS APPROVED?

can any one answer these?

I think this is a worth discussing topic.

it is okay to travel. If you have a lawyer, you can communicate with your lawyer on RFE or on responding to RFE.

Hope this helps.
USGC485

12 weeks to respond to RFE

I think you have 12 weeks to respond to RFE. You should be okay if you are going to be in India for 4 weeks