RFE for TD vaccine and pregnancy

betsy

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I are may03 485 applicants. I got an RFE for Td vaccine (the booster shot that is recommended to be taken every 10 years) and i am now pregnant. so i am vary of taking any vaccines. will they hold my case until i am ready to take the vaccine?
the civil surgeon could have told us to take the Td vaccine when we went in for the exam. this is certainly not a new thing they just learned about..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes

If your pd is not current, you are better off waiting until your pregnancy is over and then get the shot. In the meantime, you should send a response to the RFE with a doctor advice suggesting that the MD recommend not to get the vaccine until then. Good luck.

thanks for the reply.
thats precisely what the lawyer suggested, so we are sending the response with the doc's letter. also our PD is not current anymore.

betsy said:
My husband and I are may03 485 applicants. I got an RFE for Td vaccine (the booster shot that is recommended to be taken every 10 years) and i am now pregnant. so i am vary of taking any vaccines. will they hold my case until i am ready to take the vaccine?
the civil surgeon could have told us to take the Td vaccine when we went in for the exam. this is certainly not a new thing they just learned about..

Check with another physician, preferably an OB/GYN. I don't think there would be any problem getting Td vaccine in pregnancy. Of course this is not a medical advice!

waiter! said:
Check with another physician, preferably an OB/GYN. I don't think there would be any problem getting Td vaccine in pregnancy. Of course this is not a medical advice!

well its not recommended to get shots during pregnancy and I think CIS allows your to have those shots after pregnancy so there should not be an issue....the side effect for this shot is she can have pre-mature baby...I had this conversation with doctor as my wife was pregnant and we didn’t know and she got all shots but thanks God we have healthy child but I was so tense during that time.....always take doctors advise.

thanks all for your response.
Though Td is not contraindicated from the second trimester onwards, my OB did not recommend it. the civil surgeon also did not recommend it and wrote as much on form 693. i would hate to lose my peace of mind over the shot, i have lost enough over the GC process already.

betsy said:
thanks all for your response.
Though Td is not contraindicated from the second trimester onwards, my OB did not recommend it. the civil surgeon also did not recommend it and wrote as much on form 693. i would hate to lose my peace of mind over the shot, i have lost enough over the GC process already.

I think you made the right choice....Healthy baby is 10000 times more important then GC.