RFE for spouse

yamla

Registered Users (C)
Hello

Checked the status on INS site and for my spouse and got the following message

"On October 25, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed"

Does any one has any idea what kind of additional material is needed by the INS for spouses.

Thanks

Yamla

Until you actually receive the RFE notice from the INS, it's premature to know the reason. However, educated guesses might lead to most common reasons as enlisted in the following inexhaustive list:

1. Non-ADIT photos (if for EAD/AP),

2. Asking for proper marriage and birth records issued by the registration authorities,

3. Explanation/affidavits for any mis-match in names in the petition and birth/marriage certificates,

4. Asking for certified translation if any of the submitted document is in non-English language;

5. Incomplete medical forms (like several vaccines not taken or doctor forgot to sign!);

6. Explanation if not living at the same address as the main applicant, then reasons for seprate addresses;

7. Asking for copies of passport/visa stamps/I-94 to show legal status all the time while in the US, etc.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
yamla:

based on pas discussions on this forum, majority of RFE's for spuses are typically issued for points 2,3 and 7 as mentioned by jigesh.

BTW, JIGESH: that's a nice summarized posting in my opinion.

Thanks, Sonunigam. I merely posted summary of others' experiences who were kind enough to report on this forum in past.

Best wishes,

Jigesh