RFE for Mechanical Engineering

waiting140

I have closely watched the 140 forum waiting for my turn to post questions and finally I get a chance! that too because of a stupid RFE.

I have a ND of 08/15/03 for 485, 140, EAD and AP.

Got the EAD and AP on 09/30/03.

In Feb 3rd week got a query on my I-140 requiring education equivalence proof. The Labor mentions BS in Computers or equivalent. I have a BE in Mechanical engineering (4 years) with 2 years of MBA. I have worked in the US for last 7 years in the software area.

So far I have seen a lot of posting asking questions about I-140 getting RFEs for education equivalence. Are there any approvals for such cases?

Also, I have multiple software ceritfications on Siebel, ASP .net, Rational etc. Are these certificates considered equivalent.

My attorney is having my education and work getting evaluated. Would this suffice?

Senior members - Please help. Thanks.

Qs for you:
1. Why did your labor mention BS in Comp Sc if you had a BE in Mech Engg?
2. Is your software work related to Mech Engg field such as developing information tools for FEM or Design, etc.?
3. Has the RFE has been initiated because your academic education has been in non-Comp Sc field and you are employed in Comp Sc related area?
Thanks

The query is as follows:

The form ETA 750 B states that
Attainment of bachelors degree in a "computer or related" field.

I have a bachelors in Mechanical Engg. I have multiple certifications in Computer like Siebel, .Net, Rational etc. Should the certificates not be evaliated to be considered equivalent?

Re:waiting140

I am also in exactly similar situation.

My I140 is also in process. I am sure, I may get an RFE as well.

I have a degree in Mech engg and a diploma in advanced computing. My ETA 750 says computer science or computer related.

Right now, my degree is evaluated with BE+Diploma in Computing as equivalent to BS degree with concentration in CS. I am not sure if they will accept a combination of BE+Diploma in Computing is equivalent to major field of study mentioned as above.

If I run in to issue, I am planning to get my degree evaluated as computer related since, I have done more 6 to 7 CS related courses (Programming, CAD, Computer Control of M/C tools, Maths, Operations Research).

Did you reply to your RFE. If so, did you get an approval. If your issue is resolved, could you please help/guide me.

Thanks,
DWD123.

i am in the same boat, pls. see my post at vermont service centre...with RFE --civil engineering..

Pls. let me know how your attorney trying to resolve the issue..?

Helping hand....

I donot wnat to discourage you guys, but recently there are incidents where the officers are not considering the any Diploma's and strictly looking for the academic degrees.

PS I got my education evalution done and the evaluator did not consider the Computer training diplomas/certificates

If you have a computer diploma from Aptech /NIIT or any other institution approved by DOEACC then you should not have trouble getting your degree evaluated to BS with concentration in computers.

I have a similar situation and in point 14 of labor certificate its mentioned BS in computer science or computer related. With in a week I should be replying back to the RFE, will let you know if I have an update.