RFE for EAD

manikag5

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
I have recd RFE for EAD renewal and sent response imm'ly. [RFE for address confirmation]Online status says they recd response and takes again 60-90 days..In the mean time can i go an get my IEAD..
pls let me know
Thanks in advance:confused:

manika, they usually turn down such requests, though it is worth a try if you really really need it.

Plus EADs are really cooking, so you should get your EAD soon.

manikag5,
As Silly Man correctly said, local BCIS can refuse to issue an iEAD if there is RFE for original application. However, based on the gravity of the situation and what the RFE is for, they can also issue one. My wife got RFE for her renewal EAD on May 16th. BCIS received the response we sent on May 29th. The iEAD she had at that time had an expiry date of June 6th. We went to local BCIS (Portland, Oregon) office on June 4th and got the second interim EAD. Please note Portland office issues EAD only for 3 months. Therefore, its definitely worth a try. However, if you think you don't need an iEAD for next three to four weeks, you should be fine. I've seen postings in this forum saying that they got EAD approvals around 10 -15 days after CSC receiving the response to RFE. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
sunamb

wac 02-069-XXXXX

Tasse, you posted some legal mumbo jumbo about this in another thread .. what was that again?