RFE for birth certificate

montage9

Registered Users (C)
My USC brother filed I-485 for my parents, INS sent an RFE asking for birth certificate or non-availability cert with affidavits.

My parents are currently in the USA on tourist visa, and when the I-485 was filed, the following documents were attached in the I-485 packet.
1) Non-availability of birth certificate
2) DOB as on passport
3) PAN card (India) which shows DOB
4) College certificate showing DOB

We are at a loss now on what additional documents can be provided...
1) Will birth certificate issued by Indian embassy on the basis of passport be useful as additional evidence?
2) My parents were born before 1960's and we cannot a) produce affidavits from their parents (both deceased). It would be difficult to find elders in the family and get an affidavit,given that my parents are here in the USA at this time.
Is there any way of getting affidavits or other proof from here? Does www.yourmaninindia.com help with getting affidavits?

Also, what will happen if we notarize the Non-availability certificate and resubmit all the DOB proof documents submitted with the I-485 packet? Will this cause another RFE to be issued or will the I-485 application be rejected?

Any help or insights will be very much appreciated...

Thanks
-montage

I received a RFE for my parents' birth certificate as well. I had sent 2 sworn affidavits from their relatives. However, we did not have a non-availability letter and are trying to obatin that from India. Can you let me know what the non-availability letter contained?