RFE for 485 (self & wife)...AP2 approved!

ABT

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

They issued RFE for both mine and wife's 485's dated 11/10/04. I am waiting for the RFE to arrive for full details...I will update you guys as soon as I get.

AP2/EAD approved at last dated 11/11/04. After waiting for close to 4 months (ND 07/15/04).

Now I have coupe of questions for all the guru's:

1)Assuming 485 RFE is going to be simpler to reply, can I travel India on AP having 485 case pending with RFE recieved?

2)What are the most common or probable RFE's for 485. Is it possible to ask 3/4 years degree or ability to pay issues at 485 stage?

And guys whoever got your 140's approved recently, wait for your 485. You should hear something good or bad in 2 to 4 weeks. I am saying this based on few recent cases...krson had an RFE after 2 weeks of 140 approval.

140 AD:10/20/04
485 RFE: 11/10/04 (Self & wife..details yet to recieve)
AP2/EAD AD:11/11/04

-ABT

Last edited by a moderator:
The 485 RFE would most probably be for birth certificate or medicals or something simple. I think you can travel with your AP2 to India.

The only problem is in the extreme case of your 485 getting denied, in which case EAd and AP would automatically be denied. Then reentering may be a problem. But again i don't think the airport staff is equipped with the real time data of INS to check what state is the AP in. Again this is the extreme situation.

Consult your lawyer and then decide. I hope the RFE is a simpler one.

1. you are safe to travel overseas with your AP avaliable and your 485 pending.
2. it might be your paycheck stub (can be a company other than your 140 applicant) to prove your are still working.

I went to India on 4 week vacation with AP while I-485 pending and RFE received. My attorney replied RFE while I was in India per my attorney's suggestion. My attorney said that if I replied the RFE when I was in USA and go to India and if I-485 gets approved, it's going to cause some hassles.She didn't mention what kind of hassles they would be.

Re: 485 rfe

Thank you all for sharing the info.

tatasu,

Could you please give some details about your 485 RFE and how did you reply? Is your 485 approved now?

-ABT

My 485 is still pending, my signature has all the details.
Here are details of RFE
primary(my self): Latest employment letter.Two affidivits of birth as my birth certificated that was submitted was issued recently.
dependent: Birth certficate from civil authorites.The one we submitted earlier was from hospital.

RFE you would receive will have all the details like dead line for answering query and while submitting the query you would have to attach the top page of RFE the one would receive.
Do not worry, RFE would clearly mention all the details that any one can understand. Hope this helps!