RFE for 08/06/01 receipt date

shanti

Registered Users (C)
Here sre my details:

RD 08/06/01
ND 09/26/01

RFE issues on OCt 10th Received on OCt 15th. RFE about Birth Certificate. We sent affidavits for our birth certificates as we did not have the original. Here is what the INS Nebraska is asking:

"They need a certificate from civil authority in India that our Birth certificates are not available" Please let me know if any one else got a similar RFE and what needs to be sent."

Thanks!!!!

:confused:

INS is asking for non avalibility of birth records from the municipal authorities. It is simple and many aspirants have got this letter, provided your birth is after 1970.

Yes, a Non availability certificate can be got from the municipality or the corporation..but i am not sure how easy it is to get it.

Also, if we can apply and get the birth ceritificate(again not sure how easy to get it) for such an RFE, will that be acceptable or will they reject it since we already submitted affidavits ?

It is easy to get non avaliability certificate. I got one for myself in 1995 before coming here. For the last two years, I have seen lot of people in this forum discussing about it and getting. Request your people back home to get one for you.

Thanks for all your replies!! That is one of the questions I had Kumud as to when we origianlly submitteed the Affidavits now can we actually submit the original BC. I requested my folks back home and they got my original BC. It is advisiable to send the original BC now when I send an affidavit for my BC. MY husband also got an RFE for the same. And he now got the letter from municipal saying that his BC is not available. I would appreciate if some body can answer my questions!!! Thanks!!!

I posted this question "If affidavits for birth were originally submitted, can we now submit the BC (just obtained it) now" in Murthy.com forum and the reply was that the INS wants proof of birth and hence the BC can be very well submitted if an RFE is issued. SO i thin it should be ok. But my concern is if INS specifically asks for Non-avail certificate? is it ok now to submit the BC. I am still confused.

But logically thinking, i think BC should be acceptable and infact BC is what the INS really wants and if it is not there , they want a non avail with affidavits.

Also, if iam right, they want copies and NOT the originals. So please check with your lawyer before you send it to INS.