RFE - Credential evaluation

gc80

Registered Users (C)
RFE issued on May 11th regarding credential evaluation. Labor says "Computer Sc. or equivalent", I have a four year degree in "Computer Sc. and Eng.". A credential evaluation was indeed submitted with the original filling. Experts what do you think USCIS is looking for? anything I should prepare?

Thanks

Hi GC80,

Can you update me when was ur rfe issued and when did ur lawyer recd Rfe Letter from INS ?

Thanks,
EB3 ~ EAC03-185-XXXXXX
I140- MD--> 05/31/2003
I140- RD--> 06/05/2003
I140 -ND--> 06/09/2003

I-140 Rfe - 05/04/2004 ( Not recd letter from INS, as of today.)

Hi gc80,

Did u submit all your marks cards of 4years comp. eng. when filing I-140?

if not, may be they are asking for that.

Thanks
-prgc

sanju_y678 said:
Hi GC80,

Can you update me when was ur rfe issued and when did ur lawyer recd Rfe Letter from INS ?

Thanks,
EB3 ~ EAC03-185-XXXXXX
I140- MD--> 05/31/2003
I140- RD--> 06/05/2003
I140 -ND--> 06/09/2003

I-140 Rfe - 05/04/2004 ( Not recd letter from INS, as of today.)

Sanju,
RFE was issued on May 11th and my lawyer received the later within few days.

prgc said:
Hi gc80,

Did u submit all your marks cards of 4years comp. eng. when filing I-140?

if not, may be they are asking for that.

Thanks
-prgc

No I dont think I ever sent my complete marksheets to the lawyer. Thanks for the commnet I'll check with my lawyer 'cause he has not asked for my marksheets even now!

gc80 said:
No I dont think I ever sent my complete marksheets to the lawyer. Thanks for the commnet I'll check with my lawyer 'cause he has not asked for my marksheets even now!
I think what they want is copy of your Transcripts. They are like mark sheets but attested by your College. ( Same transcripts that you use, to get addmission for MS here in the US) .
Your lawyer might have send them a copy of your degree certificate and the education evaluation letter, but not the transcripts.
This is happening a lot lately ..
NVC

INS issued unclear REFs again!

I have seen several cases where INS issued REFs with unclear reasons. The cases are that they would ask for a education evaluation even though an evaluation was provided earlier.

I am also expecting a REF (my major is mechanical engineering while the LC requires computer enineering or related major).

I have consulted a senior lawyer and was told that this is a case-by-case issue. :confused:

gc80, could you please provide the EXACT wording of your REF? I hope to consult that lawyer again by shwing him a solid example.

Thanks.

allaboutgc,

I dont have the exact wordings, all my lawyer said is that its regarding "credential evaluation" When I enquired further he says...

"It is for your education that you have the bachelor degree equivalent to US bachelor degree. Your degree is fine, I will be sending the copy of evalution soon to the USCIS. It is a very normal question, you will be fine."

I hope he is right.

gc80 ...same here

My Lawyer received the RFE yesterday ..
She says USCIS has asked for my Education Evaluation. Thats all they asked for ...She has already sent out my degree certs (mechanical) to get evaluated.
They didnt ask for transcripts or degree certs .
My Labor states : Engg. Degree or equivalant
2 yrs exp in computer related field

Even my lawyer said the same thing that it wil be fine ..
I think I should email her the link to this forum .....
NVC

Vandy said:
GC80, NVC,

Did u apply under EB2 or EB3?

Mine's EB2 (I think). They have already sent the RFE reply and its updated on the web "On May 26, 2004, we received your response to..."
My lawyer acted super fast this time! Any idea how long uscis takes to make a descision (I'm hoping 2-4 weeks)

Expert Advice Needed

Does anybody know if a labor has Computer Science, Engineering or Maths would work for a degree in Chemical Engineering when labor is substituted?

Anyone faced similar situation?

Appreciate Gurus!!

Want GC Soon :)

gc80

Do you have any idea of what your Lawyer replied in your RFE regarding your educational credentials?

REF on EDUCATION EVALUATION

Got REF on Education Evaluation:
Evaluation is necessary to determine the level and major field of education attainment,as described in the supporting documents, in terms of equivalent education in the US.
Consider formal education only, not practical experience.

My Attorney mentioned in LC By mistake in place of "or" mentioned "and"
College Degree Required: M.S
Major Field of Study : Comp.Science and related courses.

Below I have the US Equivalent summary done by World Education Services Inc, NY.
Master's in Mathemetics, Master's in Education, one year of post-secondary study and trainng at computer training Institute.

Is any problem in my Major field of study which is mentioned above
(Compu.Science and related courses) in labour based on my evaluation?

Thanks
MDK1