Rfe (cp)

Gwen

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone had experience with waiting times for review after you send in the request for more information? Is it really the 6-8 weeks again?

Here is my dilemma -- my husband had a DUI in 86 and that came up on his RCMP report fingerprints. We mailed in the original and did not copy it. We didn't send in the court records cause I guess we missed it. NOw they want the court records and we can't get it because we dont have a case number or date of charge etc...so, the NVC said to mail a letter stating why we can't get the document and they will review it. That scares me. I sense that this will backfire -- will they then send me the information that they have -- it then takes 6-8 weeks to get a court document from Toronto -- 2 weeks to mail it to me and then we are back in the cycle of the 6-8 weeks review time at NVC. ....

In the meantime, our fingerprints are going to expire in the next 6 months. Could it be any worse? Does anyone have any advise on this. How receptive are they to these letters we send explaining why we can't get the document?