RFE Courtesy Copy Received in the mail

longGC

Registered Users (C)
Today I received courtesy copy of the RFE in the mail (copied below).

The content of RFE is not revealed to me and is mailed to attorney. I will only come to know when I call attorney tomorrow.

Does this happen to all those of you who have received RFE?

I have received two letters today. Both say very similar message. They are titled I-797, Notice of Action. Notice for my I-485 reads as follows,

After review we have decided to treat the appeal filed in the above case as a Service motion to reopen or Service motion to reconsider. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed.

The notice for my appeal, MTR (Motion to Reopen) reads as follows,

Courtesy Copy: Original sent to:...name of law firm....

This courtesy notice is to advice you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to the attorney or representative indicated above. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.

After review we have decided to treat the appeal filed in the above case as a Service motion to reopen or Service motion to reconsider. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed.

Those who have received RFE please share your experiences of notices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi longGC..

All I got is the original copy or my RFE as my lawyer address was changed and it was with a colored paper and the other sheets describing what they want.

I asked them about the courtesy copy(dont know what is that) when I was not receiving anything for a long time but after 1(one) month they sent the original one to me..

Please let us know about all the updates

faitas,

Thanks. Is your RFE titles I-767 Notice of Action. I-767 is H visa and I do not know why they have it here.

Anyone received a courtesy copy of RFE?

All we learned with your case, after long painfull wait.... now it seems your case was got some serious attention by them, it indicate that not only they are personally informing you about ur case... but also someone else too it may be Congressman/senator you approched last months again and again.... and its working now...

We all pray for good/sweet result of your painful waiting.

Good Luck to you..

Called lawyer but they can not find the original. They have tons of mail to go through before they can find my RFE. Lawyer is asking if USCIS has sent a copy of original RFE to me. I wish, USCIS had sent a copy to me instead they sent a courtesy copy without mentioning details.

Those of you who have received RFE, did you get courtesy copy and an another copy of RFE showing content?

Hi lognGC

I only got one copy.

You are with the same lawyer right ???

I think by today .. you will receive something...

I called NCSC. They told me to write to TSC to send another copy explaining the situation.

People tell me that RFE copy is sent to individual as well as attorney. I do not know why USCIS has chosen not to send a copy to me.

Is this normal?

At this point, do I have any options? Is there anything I could do

I have been communicating with lawyer but he says,

1. His office has moved recently and there could be a delay in mail delivery.

2. Sometimes TSC says that they have mailed the RFE but actually they take a week before it is mailed.

All I am trying to know is the content of RFE. It has been 10 days since TSC issued RFE. I have received a courtesy copy but all it says that the original is sent to lawyer.

At this point, do I have any options? Is there anything I could do

Hi longGC

Here are my comments :

I have been communicating with lawyer but he says,

1. His office has moved recently and there could be a delay in mail delivery.

My lawyer changed address and RFE returned to TSC, though they claimed that they didn't miss any mails. I faxed and informed TSC through mail about it and they sent it to my address after 1 month.

2. Sometimes TSC says that they have mailed the RFE but actually they take a week before it is mailed

yes they take some time to post it..

Thank you faitas.

After reading your post, I have sent a FAX to TSC and also wrote a letter. I hope that TSC takes action soon and this time, mail the RFE directly to me. I have suggested them to send two copies, one to lawyer and one to me.

LongGC! Since it Motion to reopen case, they sent it to the lawyer who filed it. BTW, did u received the pink(or some colored) paper? Does it tell u who the office was?

longGC..

I think mini_r2004 is right...

Make sure its a RFE or something else.. what is your online message saying...

mini_r2004

I did not receive any pink copy. I received the normal paper that we receive for AP etc. but with the above mentioned message.

faitas,

Yes, you are right. Because it is MTR, it went to Lawyer who filed it. And it may not be RFE. The only reasons for me to conclude it was RFE are,

1. My Online status says that they need further evidence. It says,

"On May 4, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Did your online message for RFE state like this?

2. These is no more documentation to be provided. My case is crystal clear and all they have to do is approve. May be they are looking for if I am currenlty employed and if my job description is similar to the one in LC.

LongGC,

Ask ur lawyer to call/Fax TSC if he doesn't receive the letter/RFE even after 14 days. I am pretty sure he would have gotten that already if the address is correct. Check with them few more times and ask them to take care of it. If they moved and didn't informed TSC, there is no way that they will receive that letter. So, ask them to take care of it. Its their duty.

So sorry you still have to wait for few more days to figure out.

I did call lawyer. I was following up with them everyday. But the lady got annoyed and said "We would get back to you when it arrives."

I am thinking of two possibilities,

1. I feel that because I made so much follow up with Congressional inquiries, the officer may have sent a letter to me but not to lawyer. This way, they get more time on the case.

OR

2. Lawyer may have received the letter but since he has 90 days to respond, is busy in clearing other case. Does he have any incentive to leave his priority and work on my case? I guess not. So they may not admit the receipt of letter.

My online status says that, "If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I tried to call NCSC but they do not know "what is required". They tell me that it is written in the letter and they do not have access to that correspondence.

I have nearly completed 14 days and my lawyer has not received any letter. What recourse do I have?

I went to attorney's office today and then they gave me the letter. The RFE is about ability of company to pay me salary and to others since my PD (1998).

It states ".......has the ability to pay the applicant's salary in addition to the salaries of any other employees the company has. The evidence submitted must demonstrate that the petitioner had the ability from the time the priority date was established until the date the applicant obtains lawful permanent residence. Evidence of this ability shall be in the form of copies of annual reports, federal tax returns, or audited financial statements."

Man...Finally.. I am seeing some s :D le on your face....

After this receipt, you will be approved soon....

All the best...

BaSh :D