Rfe cases are being cleared

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
Only RFE cases have seen approvals so far, so obviously INS's main emphasis is to clear out the people who have received RFEs.

I hope we see a few non-rfe people's cases get picked up soon.

Nope! Do those people ever work? Presidents day is todays excuse!

What do you think the chances are that you will receive an approval without RFE?

I think RFE is issued when they pick up the case and the case has been pending for more than a yr (EVL is valid for a yr , according to my lawyer). The reason RFE cases are approved, I think is because those cases have been pending for a longer time than the non RFE cases (generally).

TheWho.

May be there's gonna be change of hands when DOHL security persons comes in from March. So they want to clear all the RFE cases before they come . Just my though.

another thing they are not even approveing the spouses of the persons who received rfes. So somehting going on for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that is true...

'Coz my RFE was generated on Aug 13 and replied on Nov 4.. AVM changed on Nov 20, 2002 (WAC 02-035-057***). The big pr0oblem is I changed my employer and had to wait for thre pay stubs before my lawyer sent a reply...

I hope RFE cases getting approved i strue..

:(

ghost-rider,

You are kidding right? The dept of homeland security is not suddenly going to hire a couple of hundred thousand new people to work for the INS, so the premise that the HS people coming to take charge is wrong. There is going to be no fundamental change to the life of the IIO, all that is going to happen is that the person they report too is going to change. Instead of John Ashcroft, they will now report to Tom Ridge. That is ALL!

My personal take on this situation is, that after RFE they have no further reason to hold you back and the pressure increases on a day by day basis to start approving cases. Hence they let those, they can't keep behind, go! As simple as that. As far as the people without RFE's are concerned, hold your horses, you will be hearing for INS one way or the other soon! Either by means of a RFE or an approval, based upon the mood of the IIO.

I think the number of RFE Received status cases is so damned high right now, and they are like sitting as piles on officer's desks, so they are clearing those first strictly before picking any fresh ones.

I think there is a 35% chance that the merger with DHS on March 1st will create another hiccup/delay period, but eventually they will definitely pick normal cases also, possibly soon as RFE received's are cleared.

RFE Cases

As I know, there are huge amount of RFEed cases, a mountain
of backlog, however, CSC does not handle the RFE cases
in a time order for receiving RFE reponse. Some cases having
received RFE reponses more than 6 months have not been
approved, and others mighht got approval just a few days
after RFE reponses. In fact, there is no a real regulation
for those officers.

You may be right and i wish u r right but u never know INS. one thing is there CSC is gunning down all the RFE/interview cases , even the spouses which are plain simple approvals are held back for no reason. So something is definately cooking in CSC.

Ok what other cases of spouse non-approvals have u seen other than "tt tt"? Quit being paranoid people .. I think INS is giving preference to RFE cases because, they need to be cleared first. Thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:
ghost-rider,

Truer words have never been said, "You never know with INS". But I think we have some kind of clue, thanks to our relentless pursuit of INS and its arbitrary decisions for the past few years that we develop some sort of sense as to which direction they will move in next. So I have to agree with SillyMan and my observation that the RFE'ed cases are the first to get clear but once that is done the other cases will get notice. I think the rate of approvals is very strong right now. It is amazing to hear of so many cases getting approved on the forum itself, which is just a sampling of the cases out there. Imagine how many approval notices have actually gone out.

The best policy is wait and watch (not that we can do anything else), but still, before jumping to conclusions, let us see what INS does next. It is very difficult to predict direction on the basis of just a few days. So hold your horses.

Hey the rate of approval could be better. When I filed for my 485, this board used to get 15-20 approvals a day. We've seen 8 approvals on 2 days. That doth sucketh.

C'mon SillyMan it is not like you to look a gift horse in its mouth! Compared to 2 weeks ago when the rate of approval was 0 for over 3 months this is like a total deluge. After 1 and half years do you actually expect INS to move like a bullet out of a gun or a cheetah? I am happy with the tortoise pace as long as there is some motion, (atleast for now), I feel we are much better off than we were 2 weeks ago. I am sure the pace will pick up. Offcourse the number of RFE's will pick up as well, but things have to improve. Cause the alternative is too scary indeed! :(

Do your guys remember that INS continued processing I-485 cased when they were implementing new security checking system in the last 2 months. There are considerably amount of cased approved but not released in that time period. That is why we are seeing cases flooding out these days.
I-485 process could dramatically slow down in next few months when INS start processing I-245 cased filed before the dead line last year. There are huge amount of them pending.

Junior, did you get any RFE or something? What's the latest status on your case? Mine is FP complete not assigned.