RFE Case: Does contacting congressman help? PLEASE POST

Ravi0598

Registered Users (C)
Anyone contacted local congressman? Does it help?

I live in East Bay- Only name I could find was Ellan Tuscher, is that the right person?

My case- RFE for W2s and Paystubs issued on May 3. RFE replied on May 11. RFE reached INS on May 12. No updates on AVM even for receipt of RFE. I am concerned as the deadline for RFE (Aug 3) is around the corner. Though we have return receipts, if INS has misplaced docs, what should I do?

Please post your experience and situation.

Thanks

No Title

on house.gov u have to enter all 9 digits of your zip code ( 5 + 4 ) ..this would give u the correct congressman..

Get ur facts before contacting

Hello:

Yes i contacted a congressman to get my LC approved (i lost my patientce after 3.5 years).

Got to house.gov, and you can get the name of your local congressman - it requires your zip and the zip+4 (u can get this from the postoffice link from the house.gov).

Before you do this - have you contacted the INS phone system - ask the IIO if they have received it.

How did you send your package. Was it send by fedex or certified?

Dont rely on the AVM. it sometimes never gets updated.

If all the above fail, then send contact the congressman. It is preferable for the employer to contact rather than you. feel free to ask any questions

No Title

I could find the name of the rep using my zip code. Thanks Debo!

Yes, I checked AVM yesterday, it still says "On May 3, we issued RFE".

My attorney sent the RFE reply by Express Mail on May 11, that reached INS on May 12 (Saturday). We do have return receipt and USPS Express Mail Receipt (from USPS.com) to prove that the package was delivered at CSC and signed by their rep.

My concern is, if INS misplaced my docs, in their mailroom agency transition, how will they even know that we replied. The RFE reply deadline is around the corner i.e. Aug 3. My attorney is reluctant to send the RFE reply again or even contact INS. He says they definitely received it and we should wait. He suggested that I can contact local congressman if I want to.

Thanks

No Title

Ravi...

I think you should ask your lawyer to call INS. I was in the same situation. When my lwayer called INS, my case took a big turn and I got the approval with in 3 weeks.

Try this.

No Title

My lawyer says INS does not want him to call if the case is not beyond normal processing time (which I don\'t have a definition for). I will try again to make him call INS. I am also trying myself to talk to IIO.

Does anyone see any harm in contacting local congressman?

Thanks

No Title

I talked to IIO today- She told that they issued a RFE on May 3. She said they haven\'t recd the reply yet (we sent it on May 11). She suggested that I contact District 4 (whatever that is) by fax. I have asked my lawyer to send the fax.

Now I suspect that CSC misplaced or lost the docs we sent. I am wondering if I should force my lawyer to resend the RFE reply before the deadline (Aug 3, 90 days from RFE issue date of May 3) is over.

Ravi