RFE Case Approved !!!

Kat0520

Registered Users (C)
Good Morning,

I am really excited to share this good news with you all. 485 application for my wife and I, got approved on 11/7/02. :D :D

Last night when I checked the online status there was still the old message "RFE reply recieved on 9/26/02 etc.etc."

Just now I checked the online status and I was expecting to see the same old message. However when I saw that the status had changed to approved I could not beleive my eyes.

I live around Washington DC area. To beat the traffic, I leave home by 6:30 in the morning. I was still a little drowsy till the time I got to work. I was thinking of second cup of coffie this morning which I don't normally do.

Anyway I am awake now. I woke up my wife to give her this good news. :D

All these days, I was thinking that I will not really be excited when I get the approval after such a long and frustrating wait.

I was wrong. I am really excited and happy. :D

I see a lot of September, October 2001 cases are getting approved. I hope that all the long sufferers from July, August, Spetember and earlier cases are approved soon.

Thanks to everyone in this site. This is a great website. It is a good knowledge base and the website many a times works as support network for all of us.

Rajivghatak, Rupinder - you will be there soon.

Rupinder please check your status online. May be you are approved as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more details

Yesterday there was a thread discussing the salary issue for RFE. In my case, the RFE was for 1 months pauystub, last years W2, Employment letter etc.

The pay that is mentioned in the employment letter is 5K more than what was mentioned in LC.

Last year I got a small bonus. My company changed vacation policy due to which they cashed some of my vacation time. So the W2 amount was nearly 8K more than the salary on employment letter (which is 13K more than the original LC).

Looks like that is not a problem.

CONGRATULATIONS !!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !

good news for the unfortunate and frustrated august filers.
it means i can be excited too if this long frustration is over.

RD 08/22/01
ND 10/16/01

Online msg after receiving RFE by INS

I rcvd. RFE on medical (missing I693 suppliment) on 10/21/02.

INS received respone on 7th Nov. The msg says that "you will receive a written decision on this case" along with the normal msg that it would take upto 540 days. Does INS always send a written decision on RFE cases ? or Is it a standard msg and nothing to worry about ? Your input is highly appreciated.

thanks for your respone in advance.

Hi Guys !!!

Thanks for all the posts... I still can't stop smiling this morning :)
I can't wait to go home and celeberate.

I have added my details to rupnet under id Kat0520

GCKosam: My message also said something similar. It said that "We received response for RFE on 9/26/02. It takes 360 - 540 days to process this case. However since all the processing for this case completed by the time we asked for RFE, the time remaining to process this case is 540 days. You will receive a written notification ... etc. etc.

Phoaupkari : Makka bhi bhari khushi jalle. Good luck

Thanks !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kat0520,

I did check up my status and I still seeing the same message. If I did get an approval today that would have proved that the INS does work on cases in some sequence. And we all know that aint true.

Rupinder

Rupinder,

Eventhough my approval date is of yesterday, the website was not updated till 9:00 PM last night. It was updated sometimes later.

So keep an eye on the site today and tomorrow. Something may come up.

Good Luck