RFE and doctor's exorbitant fee

Vikram_khatri

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE for all 4 of us. Myself, wife and both daughters.

SRC011705xxxx

The RD April 2001
ND May 2001
FD - April 2003

My RFE asks for a birth certificate and current employment letter and offer letter for employment.

My wife's RFE asks for birth certificate.

My daughter's RFE asks for a birth certificate and TB test, syphlis and HIV tests.

My second daughter's RFE asks for a birth certificate and ONLY TB test.

When I got medical done for all four of us from a doctor in Charlotte, NC all things were done in $250. This time, I took appointment from a INS approved Dr Mark Arthur Samia in Raleigh, NC and he charged $650 for just medical of both the daughters. I showed him the letter of INS for specific tests that were to be done and he said that he will have to do all the tests regardless what INS is asking otherwise I can go to any other doctor. He was very rude and probably he knew that these Mexican like IT labrours have no choice but to pay whatever he is asking. This is the legal bribe that one has to pay to get the GC dream realized.

Just for the benefit of of my fellow Mexican like IT Labrours.

You should have gone to 'Maxican like Doctor' . I went similar one he charged around $200 together.

Call around and check prices with any INS certified doctor for tests, but for the TB test if a chest x-ray is required, instead of taking it at the INS certified doctor, you can take a chest x-ray at any place that takes your medical insurance and ask them send the results to the INS certified doctor. That will save you a hundred bucks atleast.

Medical Exam fee is tax deductible

I used my Flexible Benefits Account's money for Medical Examination Fee and saved the income tax on it. I am not sure if you can use it too.

can we do the tests elsewhere

The civil surgeon said that i could do it at another hospital and get the results and bring them to his office.
is that okay.
Thank you for your time.

All,

Better Visit some Immigrant Dr. They know what has to be done.

Before going to any INS Dr. Call them and ask the Fees first before visit and also tell him I need INS Medical Tests.

I did it for $150/per person in Jacksonville, FL.

BaSh

Originally posted by Vikram_khatri
I got RFE for all 4 of us. Myself, wife and both daughters.

SRC011705xxxx

The RD April 2001
ND May 2001
FD - April 2003

My RFE asks for a birth certificate and current employment letter and offer letter for employment.

My wife's RFE asks for birth certificate.

My daughter's RFE asks for a birth certificate and TB test, syphlis and HIV tests.

My second daughter's RFE asks for a birth certificate and ONLY TB test.

When I got medical done for all four of us from a doctor in Charlotte, NC all things were done in $250. This time, I took appointment from a INS approved Dr Mark Arthur Samia in Raleigh, NC and he charged $650 for just medical of both the daughters. I showed him the letter of INS for specific tests that were to be done and he said that he will have to do all the tests regardless what INS is asking otherwise I can go to any other doctor. He was very rude and probably he knew that these Mexican like IT labrours have no choice but to pay whatever he is asking. This is the legal bribe that one has to pay to get the GC dream realized.

Just for the benefit of of my fellow Mexican like IT Labrours.

1) Do you know why these RFEs came? Due to any document that they request were actually not submitted during I485 filing?

2)Take the INS list of all doctors in your are and call them for their cost.

3) After any test, if they require any specific shots or prescriptions taken, you can go to your HMO/PPO network doctor. INS doctor should provide signature, if your Dr. gives letter that shots/medicines were taken. (I did the same thing and save a lot of money, just need to pay co-pay).

Hopefully this will end your nightmare and get you GC.

Good Luck

I guess it pays to do a little bit of research before doing your medical. But I guess you are in a situation where you don't care about the cost, and are in a hurry to get the medical done. My lawyer recomended this place for me...of course this would benefit only those in Houston.

I paid $50 something for the medical, and $25 something for the X-ray. I went to

Dr. Joseph C. Chong
9250 A Bellaire Blvd.
Houston, TX 77036
Tel: (713)981-0988

Very fast service....and cheap.

Hi Vikram_khatri
Can you tell me where is this doctor. Is his hospital on Capital Blvd Near 440 .

Thank