RFE after getting FP notice?

hard_worker

Registered Users (C)
Just Curious? I got my FP notice for 03/15 (ND 01/11). Does anyone know if INS sends the RFE before FP notice or after FP notice?

No Title

I think it can be either before or after FP notice - as with everything else when it comes to INS - there is no rule.

No Title

I dont think the file is reviewed before the FP. It is probably looked into by someone and a FP notice sent. Once the FP is done then it is assigned to an officer who reviews your case. So the actual action takes places after FP.
Someone moves the FP info from FBI to the INS system and assigns it to an officer.

No Title

With INS every thing is possible. I also received RFE before my FP. I spoke with IIO yesterday and I was told that my file was assigned to an officer when RFE was sent out. One RFE is issued file is sent back to shelf and waits to be re assigned. I hope it is soon since I replied about 2 weeks ago but AVM has not been updated so far.

RFE was for last 3 years W2 and last 4 pay checks.

No Title

I\'m puzzled as to why this information was not requested before and supplied with the application.

My lawyer only asked for the last two years\' tax returns and the last two paychecks. That\'s all. I hope that that doesn\'t trigger an RFE for me.

No Title

my lawyer said TAX returns are not longer required by INS for 485 cases. is it true? any comments from those who filed recently and got approvals? thanks.

No Title

My 485 got approved last month. (see Ciba\'s list for details)
My lawyer didn\'t request my tax documents when 485 was filed last October. So I think the tax documents/pay stabs are not necessary.

This RFE for tax return and pay stabs might hint that the INS officer has some doubt on the reality of the informations provided in your case.

No Title

TAX returns and W2 are not mandatory...
INS requests them only if they want more info
about your salary being paid.
Good Luck.

No Title

I don\'t know Why INS ask me for my pay stubs and W2 as I work for a multi billion $ multi national Public company.

?????

I hope it is over soon.

No Title

I believe INS actually is doing a sampling when it issues RFEs such as asking for W2s and pay stubs. It just samples a certain percentage to make sure that the information submitted by the whole I-485 case population is true or likely to be true. As they don\'t have time and resource to check on each case.

Do you call it unlucky? I believe so.

Smile :0)