Returning to US on H1B Just 9 days before expiry

girishb

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have my H1 till 31st July and I am returning US on July 22 just 9 days before expiry. I also have my renewed H1B approval Notice(valid till 2007) but i am not getting any appointment in Mumbai Consultate for re stamping.
1. Should there be any issues at the port of entry ? Will they ask any question? If they issue new I94 till 31st July,will my new I94 that came with H1B renewal be valid ?
2. I have 2 I94's(one old and one from renewed H1) now. Do i need to return both while traveling to India?

thank you in advance for any answers..

girishb said:
Hello,
I have my H1 till 31st July and I am returning US on July 22 just 9 days before expiry. I also have my renewed H1B approval Notice(valid till 2007) but i am not getting any appointment in Mumbai Consultate for re stamping.
1. Should there be any issues at the port of entry ? Will they ask any question? If they issue new I94 till 31st July,will my new I94 that came with H1B renewal be valid ?
2. I have 2 I94's(one old and one from renewed H1) now. Do i need to return both while traveling to India?

thank you in advance for any answers..
No - as long as you enter on or before the expiry date on your visa, you should be OK (if otherwise admissable, that is !!)

Your new I-94 **SHOULD** be stamped till the date you have on the most recent H1 approval (which will typically be later than the visa expiry date) - check this at PoE and if there is a error, get it corrected.

Return your white card I-94 alongwith I-94s that came with all extensions since.