Returning to the US after 15 years

frankifaith

Hello everybody,
i d like to express my thanks for every help provided.
Here my question:
I lived in the united states between 1997 and 2006, came first to the country on a student visa, finished school and optional practical training, then i was out of status for almost a year before i got married.
I applied for an adjustment of status, received my working permit, then things were not going so well in my mariage, so after a long depression l left the country to my home outside the US.
Now after all this years, i m thinking of applying for a toursit visa. will my record be a problem while applying ? what should i present as documents or justifications to the embassy? do immigration records get deleted after a while?
Thank you very much for your help.

You don't have a ban, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily be able to get a visa or be able to enter. Any negative history can affect a new visa application. You must truthfully disclose all information when asked, and you should assume records did not "get deleted".

Immigration records do not get deleted. Given your past history i would expect you would need to be able to show very strong ties to your home country to get a tourist visa.