Returning Resident SB-1? I need help!!

Ian-the-man

Registered Users (C)
Hello, let me tell you guys everything I know so far so that you don't have to ask so many questions.

Ok here it goes; My father won the DV lottery in 1991, we moved to California around that time. We lived there for almost 7 years I believe until late 1997. My mother gave birth to my sisters also in that time. In 1997 we moved back to Norway, but never giving up our green cards. (Except for my sisters in which didn't have green card because their citizens).

The last few years I've always thought about going back.. every single day, I've wanted to move back. Unfortunately my father told me I didn't have a green card.. well as far as he was concerned. Truth is I did have a green card, in which I found out a couple of weeks ago.
It expired in 2002, and I never got my chance to renew it.

I didn't know I had a green card, if I did I'd move back while it still was valid. Thing is I was a minor when we left the US, I believe I was around 11 years old. So giving up my residency was never my intent!
I have consulted probably hundreds of attorneys in order to get different opinions.
Seems like I have a very small chance of getting the green card "back".. valid so to speak.

I have two options, either go to the consulate and try to apply for a SB-1 Returning Resident Visa, or go to the US and try to renew my green card there.. (could take up to half a year waiting for a hearing).

What would you guys do in my case?

And No none of my sisters are residing in the US nor are they 18 of age.