Retrogression: I-140's turn now

what_a_joke

Friends,

While on one hand USCIS has made all category current for I-485 filing, they have retrogressed I-140 (and EAD, AP etc) dates back. What a shame!

EB3 category people are worst effected:
Texas: I-140: retrogressed till Aug, 2003 (can't believe it, hope it's typo!); I-765 (EAD): retrogressed till December, 2006; I-131 (AP): retrogressed till December, 2006
Nebraska: I-140: retrogressed till Jan, 2006; I-765 (EAD): retrogressed till November, 2006; I-131 (AP): retrogressed till June/Sep, 2006

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC

Now the joke of the month: Look at I-485 dates for BOTH centers: March, 2007 (complete nonsense!)

What does this all mean? The answer is simple......They wanted to make money and lots of it while keeping us on our toes!

I'm sure people like me who have old PDs (pre-2002) and whose I-140s are pending, are going to freak out and will file for PP for I-140. Lucky ones will get thru but some will get struck in the so called Name check (i'm begining to believe that NC is now started to happen at I-140 stage as well). REGULAR FILERS.......JUST PRAY, WATCH and WORRY!

Then in few months, they will retrogress the PDs, so that every year they have huge income (from renewals of H1B, EAD, AP, FP etc.) flowing in consistently.

What you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep..exactly..i think i dont even know how to react now. My PD is May '04..labr approved, but I-140 applied in Dec'06 and pending. so until last month I was stoically waiting for things to happen and act upon it whenever that happens. all of a sudden the 485 dates move to just one month short of mine. and my I140 still pending. and this month all 485s become current..so I take off from work and I hurry up to get the I140 pp done..fedexed the docs and got all the docs ready for 485..and now I see that 140 is retrogressed..I dont even understand how to read those things anymore..
How is this going to impact my 485 appln..do I have to have the I140 approved before I can file 485? or just sit and wait while all this retrogress/progress things play with unfortunate people like me..a million of us out there..

You can file I-485

I am in the same boat. My PD is May 2004 and I-140 pending. Since you already applied PP, your I-140 should be approved shortly. I-485 can be filed as long as there is a pending or approved I-140.

yep..exactly..i think i dont even know how to react now. My PD is May '04..labr approved, but I-140 applied in Dec'06 and pending. so until last month I was stoically waiting for things to happen and act upon it whenever that happens. all of a sudden the 485 dates move to just one month short of mine. and my I140 still pending. and this month all 485s become current..so I take off from work and I hurry up to get the I140 pp done..fedexed the docs and got all the docs ready for 485..and now I see that 140 is retrogressed..I dont even understand how to read those things anymore..
How is this going to impact my 485 appln..do I have to have the I140 approved before I can file 485? or just sit and wait while all this retrogress/progress things play with unfortunate people like me..a million of us out there..