Retrogression (EB India)

jcgc

Registered Users (C)
Oct06 visa bulletin showed almost no movement in the Eb3 India and Eb2 moved back 7 months to Jun02. Starting this new thread to see if "analysis gurus" have any ideas on:
1. whats going on / any explanations.
2. what is the likely movement of these numbers.

Common folks!!

154 views and not a single post. Common folks, dont you have any views on whats going on!

Untill the oct bulletin, i was under the impression that China EB would be the leading indicator of India EB movement. Assumption was that China demand is probably closest to India's demand for visa numbers. Really puzzled to see China EB2 move ahead by a few days and India EB2 going back 6 months.

* China Eb2 is probably being held at 01Apr05 to ensure all backlog applicants are able to apply for visas (than allowing PERM approvals to go ahead).
* I also heard that a number of chinese cases were being held up due to name check and hence reducing the demand.

Also does anyone know if previous years unused numbers have been recaptured already and consumed for India EB.

Green card numbers not available for Indian citizens is not a news anymore. Most of the people has stopped looking at the Visa bulletin. It is a granted truth until the congress does any kind of changes to the current immigration system, we're not going to get our green cards. So instead of reading and wasting time on Visa bulletins, I'm spending time on efforts taken up by

www.immigratiovoice.org

I agree to your point. And thanks for your efforts to push immigration reform.

But Congress hasnt done anything specific to benefit China either! Assuming that immigration bills dont provide any relief, we can still discuss EB movement. What could explain the difference in EB dates for China and India. If you have any comments which can specifically answer the questions asked in this thread, I would appreciate more.

WhyMe3200 said:
Green card numbers not available for Indian citizens is not a news anymore. Most of the people has stopped looking at the Visa bulletin. It is a granted truth until the congress does any kind of changes to the current immigration system, we're not going to get our green cards. So instead of reading and wasting time on Visa bulletins, I'm spending time on efforts taken up by

www.immigratiovoice.org

I believe that the EB2 backlog for India is primarily due to the increased H1B visa numbers during Y2K era. Lot of indian engineers moved to US during that period when H1 visa quota was more than 100K for 3-4 consecutive years. How many of them were from China? -- I think a lot less than India. And how many went back? - only a few?... I think the backlog in visa dates for India is because of this.