Retain priority date after job change

rahulgup

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My green card application is stuck in Backlog elimination center (Priority date is Aug 2004). Now I am changing my job. Is there any way to avoid restarting my green card application from the very beginning with a new proirity date of 2006? Can I do something to keep the same priority date?

I would appreciates help from people who know about this or have been in the same situation.

Thanks.

Similar problem

rahulgup said:
Hi,
My green card application is stuck in Backlog elimination center (Priority date is Aug 2004). Now I am changing my job. Is there any way to avoid restarting my green card application from the very beginning with a new proirity date of 2006? Can I do something to keep the same priority date?

I would appreciates help from people who know about this or have been in the same situation.

Thanks.

Can I use Company A labor's PD for filing PERM?

???
I want to change my job but I am already on 7th year extension and labor with (Company A) is pending right now. If my new employer (Company B) applies for perm labor now how will I get my 8th year extension? my H1 will expire in October, 2006. Can I use my company A labor to get extension and transfer? Can I file for extension and H1 transfer for Company B at a time? how early can I apply for my H1b 8th year extension?

Please help thank you.