Restricted immigration is not an offensive but purely a defensive action. It is not a

bve

Registered Users (C)
Restricted immigration is not an offensive but purely a defensive action. It is not adopted in criticism of others in the slightest degree, but solely for the purpose of protecting ourselves. We cast no aspersions on any race or creed, but we must remember that every object of our institutions of society and government will fail unless America be kept American. Calvin Coolidge 1924 :)

bve said:
Restricted immigration is not an offensive but purely a defensive action. It is not adopted in criticism of others in the slightest degree, but solely for the purpose of protecting ourselves. We cast no aspersions on any race or creed, but we must remember that every object of our institutions of society and government will fail unless America be kept American. Calvin Coolidge 1924 :)

I understand that, but what defense do you need from young children brought by their parents to the United States, who grew up American and now nothing about their parents' countries? Why treat them as if they are criminals just because they are undocumented? If America is so intent in protecting itself, then why doesn't it protect its children?

Bella Blues said:
I understand that, but what defense do you need from young children brought by their parents to the United States, who grew up American and now nothing about their parents' countries? Why treat them as if they are criminals just because they are undocumented? If America is so intent in protecting itself, then why doesn't it protect its children?

Well Bella, here is why. If if passes, anyone elegible for the DREAM Act would be a deportable illegal alien. In other words a criminal and they should be treated no differently as any other illegal alien. America does want to protect it's self and it's children. DREAM Act children are not America's children. Lastly, the DREAM Act is another amnesty. We do not need any more amnesties. There are hundreds of thousands of foreigners now patiently waiting to legally come to the US. Why do people keep on insisting on letting these illegal aliens jump the line in front of them?

No more illegals! Report 'em and Deport 'em.

TheChosenJuan said:
Well Bella, here is why. If if passes, anyone elegible for the DREAM Act would be a deportable illegal alien. In other words a criminal and they should be treated no differently as any other illegal alien. America does want to protect it's self and it's children. DREAM Act children are not America's children. Lastly, the DREAM Act is another amnesty. We do not need any more amnesties. There are hundreds of thousands of foreigners now patiently waiting to legally come to the US. Why do people keep on insisting on letting these illegal aliens jump the line in front of them?

No more illegals! Report 'em and Deport 'em.

Because the line is redicuously long... and these "american children" need help which wouldn't cost the gov't ANYTHING. These are "american children" which have resided in the country for years thus making them a product of american society and hence children of america. Keep in mind that these are COLLEGE kids which WILL NOT strain any social programs since they'll probably CONTRIBUTE towards these social programs later on. It terms of business it's really just an investment, a damn good one too. For the little amount of money the U.S. throws at them now, they'll contribute much more as working adults years later. Or are you too blind to see the future's benifets and only sighted enough to see the immidiate? Seriously good deals don't come often, and the U.S. would be fools not to suck the money out of these potential tax payers in the future. Hey, what ever floats your boat man. I'm thinking of this in terms of economics and business because the U.S. was founded as a capitalistic society in which money and profits reign. I should call you a commie for not agreeing with this act :cool:

TheChosenJuan said:
There are hundreds of thousands of foreigners now patiently waiting to legally come to the US. Why do people keep on insisting on letting these illegal aliens jump the line in front of them?

Well, not all immigrants crossed the border. How do you think other nationalities got here? They didn't swim to shore. Most illegal aliens were "patient foreigners who came here legally" at some point in their lives they fell out of status, but they are no different from the people who are waiting outside the US to come here legally. Do you think those people who are coming in legally can not turn illegal? You clearly are underinformed. The Dream Act children are children of immigrants who had no choice but to stay here, their adult families are here, they couldn't possibly board the plane home themselves. They deserve amnesty.

Well, not all immigrants crossed the border.
If they didn't cross a border, how could they be an immigrant?

Most illegal aliens were "patient foreigners who came here legally"
Somewhere around 50% of those who enter on temporary visas of one type or another simply stay when their visas expire. So much for being "patient".

The Dream Act children are children of immigrants who had no choice but to stay here, their adult families are here, they couldn't possibly board the plane home themselves.
The DREAM Act children were lied to by their parents and are now being used as pawns and human shields in this debate over amnesties. I agree young children can't leave on their own but those over 18 should be returned to their home countries. Then they can get in line like everyone else waiting to legally immigrate to the US.

They deserve amnesty.
No more amnesties!
Vote YES on HR 4437!

Xenfinity said:
Because the line is redicuously long... and these "american children" need help which wouldn't cost the gov't ANYTHING. These are "american children" which have resided in the country for years thus making them a product of american society and hence children of america. Keep in mind that these are COLLEGE kids which WILL NOT strain any social programs since they'll probably CONTRIBUTE towards these social programs later on. It terms of business it's really just an investment, a damn good one too. For the little amount of money the U.S. throws at them now, they'll contribute much more as working adults years later. Or are you too blind to see the future's benifets and only sighted enough to see the immidiate? Seriously good deals don't come often, and the U.S. would be fools not to suck the money out of these potential tax payers in the future. Hey, what ever floats your boat man. I'm thinking of this in terms of economics and business because the U.S. was founded as a capitalistic society in which money and profits reign. I should call you a commie for not agreeing with this act :cool:
They will "probably" contribute. You don't know if they will. Do you read the posts on their web sites? A lot of them talk about leaving the US when they graduate. Colleges will lose money. DREAM Act students should be paying international student or non-resident rates.

Like I said before, these "American children" are deportable illegal aliens.

Report 'em and deport 'em.

Of course most of them talk about going back, if they stay what future awaits them under the current law?
Get a degree, and not be able to put it to use?
If the Dream act would get passed most students would stay and contribute fully to our society.

Hah I dont know why you try to troll here when this forum is for SUPPORTING THE DREAM ACT

Chosen Juan its obvious you do not know anything about immigration quotas or the almost impossible process of coming to the US legally, so I won't even bother on that one

Do you think the huge ammount of people that make up all the ethnic groups in America made it here legally? No, they jumped in a ship and sailed away, whether its from ireland, italy or wherever doesn't matter. It was necessary and capitalism thrives on it
Whether you admit it or not, the huge ammount of illegals make up a huge boost to the economy with the cheap labor.

Noone is arguing whether they are illegals or not, but whether the law needs to be reformed. Simply labelling them as "CRIMINALS" is downright racist, unless you call everyone that goes alittle over the speed limit or jaywalks a criminal

alejo said:
Hah I dont know why you try to troll here when this forum is for SUPPORTING THE DREAM ACT

Chosen Juan its obvious you do not know anything about immigration quotas or the almost impossible process of coming to the US legally, so I won't even bother on that one

Do you think the huge ammount of people that make up all the ethnic groups in America made it here legally? No, they jumped in a ship and sailed away, whether its from ireland, italy or wherever doesn't matter. It was necessary and capitalism thrives on it
Whether you admit it or not, the huge ammount of illegals make up a huge boost to the economy with the cheap labor.

Noone is arguing whether they are illegals or not, but whether the law needs to be reformed. Simply labelling them as "CRIMINALS" is downright racist, unless you call everyone that goes alittle over the speed limit or jaywalks a criminal
"the almost impossible process of coming to the US legally"

So if you don't like the law you can just break it?

"Whether you admit it or not, the huge ammount of illegals make up a huge boost to the economy with the cheap labor."

So when they become legal (ahead of thousands overseas trying to do it the legal way) do you think the labor will still be cheap? They won't have the threat of deportation anymore. They will demand higher wages.

And thanks for responding to a comment I made almost two weeks ago. Aren't you just the sharpest tack in the box.

TheChosenJuan said:
"the almost impossible process of coming to the US legally"

So if you don't like the law you can just break it?

"Whether you admit it or not, the huge ammount of illegals make up a huge boost to the economy with the cheap labor."

So when they become legal (ahead of thousands overseas trying to do it the legal way) do you think the labor will still be cheap? They won't have the threat of deportation anymore. They will demand higher wages.

And thanks for responding to a comment I made almost two weeks ago. Aren't you just the sharpest tack in the box.

Sometimes the law can be considered unlawful, you know, how this country was formed?
Id respect your opinion if you were using one of the thousands possible arguments you can have against the dream act, but just pulling the "BREAKING LAW SKY IS FALLING" crap doesn't work. Do you also cry when someone goes 5 miles over the speedlimit? it's against the law.

And the dream act is about giving a chance to the children born here, which is a small quantity in comparison to all the illegal immigrants. There will always be humble illegals ready to work for scraps in america, since it is moving up from how it was back in their country. If there weren't illegals you would have all the companies exporting jobs to india or wherever and you would still be whining about americans losing their jobs.

You seem to be very biased against illegals but I haven't seen you mentioning all the companies that keep hiring them. If they wanted to eliminate the problem they could go for the source, since it is also "BREAKING THE LAW!!!"

Anyways you are not so sharp yourself since you failed to read the title of the forum "SUPPORT THE DREAM ACT" And I don't know how replying to a two week post is bad, does your opinion change that often? Some people don't live online you know

Sometimes the law can be considered unlawful, you know, how this country was formed?
Id respect your opinion if you were using one of the thousands possible arguments you can have against the dream act, but just pulling the "BREAKING LAW SKY IS FALLING" crap doesn't work. Do you also cry when someone goes 5 miles over the speedlimit? it's against the law.
The DREAM Act is an amnesty. We don't need any more amnesties. There are existing immigrations laws that need to be enforced and not overlooked.

And the dream act is about giving a chance to the children born here
Children born here would be US citizens and would not need the DREAM Act.

You seem to be very biased against illegals but I haven't seen you mentioning all the companies that keep hiring them. If they wanted to eliminate the problem they could go for the source, since it is also "BREAKING THE LAW!!!"
I'm very much against the employers of illegal aliens. I would go into that more but this thread is about the DREAM Act.

alejo said:
And the dream act is about giving a chance to the children born here, which is a small quantity in comparison to all the illegal immigrants.

The children born on US soil, even though their parents are illegals, are American citizen...they don't need any "dream act" :rolleyes:

There will always be humble illegals ready to work for scraps in america, since it is moving up from how it was back in their country.

Is America, not america :rolleyes: , and if the illegals are going to get an amnesty where are the illegals you're talking about...or this is the Master Plan: Legalize the ones we already have here to make room for the next wave ready do come ;)

If there weren't illegals you would have all the companies exporting jobs to india or wherever and you would still be whining about americans losing their jobs.

So this way is easier, why should we trade with other countries and get the benefits from the international commerce?...is better if we keep as many illegals we can here, with no taxes, no insurance, etc...and pay for them with our tax money :rolleyes:

but I haven't seen you mentioning all the companies that keep hiring them. If they wanted to eliminate the problem they could go for the source, since it is also "BREAKING THE LAW!!!"

That's 100% correct, and those s.o.b.'s who benefit from illegals should be thrown in jail.

TheChosenJuan has a talent for picking things he can argue and ignoring everything else.

minors brought here are not criminals.

if you are raised in an environment you can't be blamed for not wanting to leave.

Dream Act applies to a category of illegal aliens who are victims. be it foolish act of parents or just a crappy school system. it's not like they're asking for reparations. just to live a normal life in a place they grew up in.

and even an ignorant (somehow i think u're republican) like yourself can see an advantage in legalizing people under 21. being how the army lost its charisma in teenager eyes.

also i dont see how tax payers paying school tuition is bad. considering bright young people is the best kind of people to invest in. they'll be paying your social security. the not so bright can always accelerate their lives in NAVY.

surely there's only 60 000 or so. but that doesnt make an impact no matter what side you are on.

there's gotta be some other reasons why dream act isnt passed. it's not whether peope who qualify are criminals. it's something else. a catalyst maybe or maybe just a way to expose and reach loopholes. or maybe nobody just gives a f***. i wouldnt be surprised.

either way it's bull****. it's been around for awhile now. which means the more time passes the more people grow out of the range.

Last edited by a moderator:
skoolus said:
TheChosenJuan has a talent for picking things he can argue and ignoring everything else.

minors brought here are not criminals.

if you are raised in an environment you can't be blamed for not wanting to leave.

Dream Act applies to a category of illegal aliens who are victims. be it foolish act of parents or just a crappy school system. it's not like they're asking for reparations. just to live a normal life in a place they grew up in.

and even an ignorant (somehow i think u're republican) like yourself can see an advantage in legalizing people under 21. being how the army lost its charisma in teenager eyes.

also i dont see how tax payers paying school tuition is bad. considering bright young people is the best kind of people to invest in. they'll be paying your social security. the not so bright can always accelerate their lives in NAVY.

surely there's only 60 000 or so. but that doesnt make an impact no matter what side you are on.

there's gotta be some other reasons why dream act isnt passed. it's not whether peope who qualify are criminals. it's something else. a catalyst maybe or maybe just a way to expose and reach loopholes. or maybe nobody just gives a f***. i wouldnt be surprised.

either way it's bull****. it's been around for awhile now. which means the more time passes the more people grow out of the range.
The DREAM Act is an amnesty. How can you argue against that. If you have issues with how you came to be here, you need to bring that up with your parents or whoever brought you here.

Yes the DREAM Act has been around for a few years now and will probably never go anywhere.

he does it again =D

it's been 20 years since the last amnesty maybe it's time for another one.

Last edited by a moderator: