Restamping At SAN JOSE pl advise

ration_card_line

Registered Users (C)
Restamping At SAN JOSE pl advise

I want to go for restamping at san jose. Please tell me
where to stand ? what time ? & what is needed ?

INS lost my I-89 card i.e finger print card - I guess they shredded.
Talked to lawyer came to know while restamping ask INS to take
finger prints again.

Is it wise to file I-90 lost green card ?? give more money to
these lazy guys ??

In my case elephant has passed through the hole but its tail is still stuck at INS. Still waiting for plastic green card.

Go to INS office, early in the morning so you don't have to deal with the parking there (Though SJ office has plenty of parking it gets filled up).

Also they do turn back people standing in the line at apprx 9 AM everyday, if they have too many, which happens everyday, so reach early (2 hours atleast before the office opens IMHO).

So it's easy, just show up there and dress warm (I am serious). Take something to eat, eat it in the line, coz you can't carry anything but your underwear (practically) inside. The security guards are rude and they yell, just remember to keep your cool. I know someone who pointed at the security guard's wrist watch and said "Nice watch" and he said "Mind your own business". No sharp objects, like airports. Oh yea .. hope you have a strong bladder or someone to hold your place in the line, and eat something for sure before you get in, coz inside .. there's NOTHIN'.

There is only one line there, and it is so frickin' long you won't miss it.

Later.