Response to Name Check and Fingerprint Enquiry

pamit73

Registered Users (C)
Here is the response I got after 3 months of sending the enquiry to

fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

I have seen many threads on name check enquiries and thought this might be of interest to someone.

Dear xxx yyyy:

I am responding to your email dated October 20, 2004, concerning your name check status.

The FBI completed a name check for you on May 24, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC. It is suggested that you contact the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services in Clarksburg, West Virginia, at 304-625-2000, for information regarding your fingerprints.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Pamit73,

Thank you for sharing your information.

Can you tell me when you got the email? Last week I called the FBI name check phone line, and the woman there said they are processing Oct email and we need to give them extra several weeks to work on that, bla, bla,,,,.

I sent the request on Oct. 27, hope to hear from them soon and wish my hair won't all fall out then. :)

i got namecheck response from FBI today - it said namecheck was completed and details sent to USCIS on Feb 20, 2004! - FYI, i asked for namecheck by email on Oct 20,2004

Thank you! pamit73.

Another question for you, can you tell us about the subject or format of the subject in the email if it's not inconvenient for you?

I read some posts and some people had concerns about the possibility that the email being filtered out as junk/spam email because of the header of the email.

Message Subject

It just appears that they hit "reply" and sent the message. Hence, the message subject was:

"Re: (My original message subject)"

Can you send the complete text of email?

Can you send the complete text of email deleting your personal information?

It will help other people to use the same format just pasting their information & sent it to FBI.

Thanks in advance!

Here it is..

Re: Status of Name Check and Record Check request from USCIS

Dear Officer,

I have filed a petition with the USCIS to seek and register permanent
residency (I-140/I-485). In this regard, I was fingerprinted in July
2004. I wish to find out the status and results of my fingerprinting,
name check and record check as obtained by the FBI and sent to USCIS.

Any information regarding these would be greatly appreciated.

My personal and application details are as follows:

Name: John Doe
DOB: 05/10/1857
SSN: 666-66-6666
DL No.: XY D666-6666-6666

A# 66-666-666
I-140 Receipt No.: LIN-66-666-66666
I-485 Receipt No.: LIN-66-666-66669

Email: john@doe.com
Tel: 666-666-6666

Address:

666 S. Any St.
Anytown, XY 66666

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

John Doe.

I just called the FBI name check office and the lady told me they need another month to finish replying October's emails. It's interesting to know how many emails they got just for one month and how long it takes to reply those emails.

waiting time for fbi response on namechek

Just to let you know about the waiting time for FBI namecheck status response. Sent an e-mail to FBI on October 29th 2004. Got their e-mail reply today (Saturday) February 12th 2005. My namecheck was done and the results were sent to USCIS 11 months ago, before the fingerprinting (it was done 8 months ago). No change in my I-140/I485 status whatsoever.

stonewall said:
Just to let you know about the waiting time for FBI namecheck status response. Sent an e-mail to FBI on October 29th 2004. Got their e-mail reply today (Saturday) February 12th 2005. My namecheck was done and the results were sent to USCIS 11 months ago, before the fingerprinting (it was done 8 months ago). No change in my I-140/I485 status whatsoever.

Same here! I got my FP done on 05/01/04. Called FBI, they told me the result was sent to NSC on the same day. I never got FP update. But, it is not not a big deal. The big deal for me is get my I140 approved. I need a nother job..

FBI number for FP check

I140helppls said:
what number did u call fbi for ur name check

Here are the numbers to get info about FP/Namecheck

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367

Regards