Response from US Senator's Office

P400A

Registered Users (C)
Here is what the response says:

"My staff has contacted the BCIS's Newark District Office on your behalf. The Newark District Office has
informed me that BACKGROUND CHECK has been COMPLETED. Your application is currently undergoing review by the officer of record".

What does "review by officer of record" mean? I had my interview in
Dec'06. How long does it take to get a oath letter after such a "Review".

Anybody had such a "Review" experience, please share!

I believe the "officer of record" would be the person who interviewed you. You might try contacting him/her if you can figure out how (phone call if you have a number, infopass, ...)

"My staff has contacted the BCIS's Newark District Office on your behalf. The Newark District Office has
informed me that BACKGROUND CHECK has been COMPLETED. Your application is currently undergoing review by the officer of record".

Did you double post? http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=243351

I have read it somewhere about the naturalization procedure that there is another officer reviewing the cases other than interviewing officer. It is like an underwriter when you get a loan. You talk to a loan officer but underwriter decides if you get a loan or not. I guess we have the same stuation here, applicants see interviewing officers but somebody else also has "say so" on our cases.
Just my 2 cents.

Were You background check pending before you contacted the senator. I contacted two senators about a month ago and did not get anything yet. good luck, regards, dude.

well could you please give the senator who help you l have same problem:)
It kind of depends on where you live. Senators tend to help their constituents (i.e., folks who live in the state they represent).

You get three representatives in Washington, your "representative" (aka "congressman") and your two senators. You can read up on all of this in the Guide to Naturalization's sample citizenship questions :)