Response from TSC congressional Liaison

GCAspirant123

Registered Users (C)
I got the response from my congressman office about our last campaign to send 'I-485 backlog reduction' petition to their respective congressman. People who have not e-mailed the petition to their congressman/woman please act now. And also, remember to sign up for the online petition. It will help everyone who suffers from this backlog.

Response from my congressman office
-----------------------------------
I wanted to share the response I got from the INS regarding your concerns you had emailed our office. I am certain that your concerns will reach Ms. Upchurch and I hope that things improve with the processing times for the INS.

Believe me, the Congressman is always pushing for funding, staffing and other resources for the INS. The good news is, is that Mr. Price is now on the Homeland Security Subcommittee which is what INS falls under now. So, I believe he will be taking an even more aggressive approach to help things improve.

Thanks for you continued interest and for sharing your concerns with the Congressman. I think we will see progress with the new changes, I just don't know how long it will take.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Actual Response from Liaison

Let me assure you and your
constituent that Ms Upchurch is very well aware of what dates we are
processing
for all applications and petitions in this Service Center (as is
Headquarters).
The I 485 applications are being processed. The majority of the older
applications are missing documentation and therefore many are reviewed but
must
have Requests for Evidence sent or they are deniable. Since we do try to
process
the older applications first, the result is that very few are approvable in
their current state.

As for the suggestion that we transfer the cases to other Service Centers
and
not taking on more tpyes of applications, the Texas Service Center is not
always able to set the prioities as to what workloads will be processed by
the
Service Center and what can be transferred to other areas. The Texas Service
Center is working to become more current in processing all types of
applications
and petitions.

----TSC Congressional Liaison

From this reply two things can be inferred
1) Lost petitions/RFE etc. excuses means BCIS needs more people to work on I-485’s, so the resources has not been shifted to process I-485’s. So this issue falls in our hands to do more pushing from our side, only the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
2) We need to complain to higher powers within BCIS and within government structure. Congresspersons/senators are a good start because they can jump in if they get to hear these issues and if they don’t know about it they will be quiet. It would be nice if folks in the forum know which other higher powers can we send this petition to.

My suggestion is to wait 2-3 more days to get more signatures. Currently we have 120 + signatures. Perhaps 300 something signatures is a good to start sending emails, letters to these folks.

My two cents. What do other folks think?

> Currently we have 120 + signatures. Perhaps 300 something signatures is a good to start

300 signatures seems far fetched. We had a great response for our previous petition drive. This time it's very subdued. I think people have lost faith and hope in such efforts. But one needs to realize something: we can either sit quietly or do something about it. May be the "higher ups" won't care about TSC processing time. But at least they will know about it because of this petition. That might come in handy some day, some time. One can only hope.

Could you hlep us, please, with advice?

Hi,

I am writing you, because I am and number of people in the forum want to file a petition regarding abusive delays at CSC and it looks like you aware how to start the thing. I signed TSC petition for TSC already I think we should do the same at CSC to get noticed. Would you, please, give more information on that and it is better to submit it to http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=76425 in order to share it everybody.

Thank you and best regards,
Alex

Folks in the forum put together a petition which I sent to Mr. Khanna requesting if he can represent on our behalf. He consulted with others in his team and someone from his office built the petition for us folks to sign.

Hey bajis/GC Aspirant

Looks like you two folks are more interested in trying to push our problems. What else do we think we can do. I have been trying to find the address for Homeland security but of no avail. so that we can mail this petition to higher ups in BCIS. Any thoughts?

tru,

The following website has some address for BCIS. Not sure if that is the correct one though.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/feedback.htm

It is a good idea to inform the higher-ups about this petition. We could also inform our senators and congress(wo)men. Someone is bound to listen.

There are similar such ideas floating on http://groups.msn.com/TexasImmigration I was wondering if we can join forces between these 2 message boards. "Advait" seems to be the person to contact there. It would be great if you could lead from this board.

Any ideas people?