Response from FBI for my letter to First Lady!

jkvaisnavi

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I sent a letter (certified mail) to the First lady on June 8th requesting assistance for my pending name check, today (09/01/07) I received a letter dated 08/22/07 from FBI saying the following;
=============
"A review of the FBIs Name check Program database revealed that your request, received from USCIS on 11/19/2004, is still in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests eash year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing response to each of these requests. The FBIs homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thourough results. While an exact date for completion of this review can't be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigraiton authorities as quickly possible.

I trust this information will be of assitance

For Michael A cannon, Section Chief, NNCP section, Record management div."
==============

Any one got their name check cleared after getting these kind of letter? if yes how long it took? Appreciate if any one could respond.

Thanks.

Basically means.. you are screwed and you are not welcome here in US.
Too bad, I stuck in NC too...

Basically means.. you are screwed and you are not welcome here in US.
Too bad, I stuck in NC too...

You are NOT stuck in NC with I485 - RD 06/08/2007. Period. Your I485 is well within published processing times. When your application gets outside processing, and the reason for the delay is NC, then you are stuck. So in your case you have about, what, 8 months or so before you can call youself stuck. Note that everybody goes trough NC process, but for some it takes longer than for others.

I got a similar letter from FBI dated 7/26. It told me my NC is in process. It has been over 43 months for my NC and it is still not cleared!!! Since my case is EB2 and it will be current again this month, I'll see what happens in next few days.

NC took 4.5 years

My friend who was stuck in NC since 02/2003, just got his green card onAugust 30 2007 after 4.5 years wait!!!

Letter to First Lady

jkvaisnavi,
Can you please let me know the format of letter you wrote to First Lady and the address you sent to? I am asking this as I have not got any response since last few months. I am also stuck in NC since Jan 2004 ( this is what info pass ( several) visits provided to me) my PD is dec 2002 and receipt date for 485 is Dec 2003.
Please provide me details if you sent letters to Senators etc ...a format and what u wrote will be great.

Hi, I sent a letter (certified mail) to the First lady on June 8th requesting assistance for my pending name check, today (09/01/07) I received a letter dated 08/22/07 from FBI saying the following;
=============
"A review of the FBIs Name check Program database revealed that your request, received from USCIS on 11/19/2004, is still in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests eash year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing response to each of these requests. The FBIs homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thourough results. While an exact date for completion of this review can't be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigraiton authorities as quickly possible.

I trust this information will be of assitance

For Michael A cannon, Section Chief, NNCP section, Record management div."
==============

Any one got their name check cleared after getting these kind of letter? if yes how long it took? Appreciate if any one could respond.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
scjdp, If you search in this forum there will be many versions I kind of used the following one and sent it to Honorable First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500

it takes atleaset 3 months to get response from FBI. good luck. please let me know if you need any other info.

==================
Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

My name is xxxxxxx live in xxxxx, XX. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly 1 year 6 months now. Traditionally the process takes maximum little over six months. Here with I am giving more details

/* Here Write about your hard feelings regarding your story since you came to USA and why you need green card blah blah…story should be like */heart melting

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances of Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
xxxxxxxxxxx

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: INDIA
Citizenship: INDIA
Current Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Jkvaisnavi, thanks for the input ...appreciate it .......heart melting story...now how to get that one :)
Please keep me updated on your progress, I will do the same.

====
scjdp, If you search in this forum there will be many versions I kind of used the following one and sent it to Honorable First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500

it takes atleaset 3 months to get response from FBI. good luck. please let me know if you need any other info.

==================
Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

My name is xxxxxxx live in xxxxx, XX. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly 1 year 6 months now. Traditionally the process takes maximum little over six months. Here with I am giving more details

/* Here Write about your hard feelings regarding your story since you came to USA and why you need green card blah blah…story should be like */heart melting

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances of Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
xxxxxxxxxxx

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: INDIA
Citizenship: INDIA
Current Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx