Response from Congressman

yih

Registered Users (C)
Received the approval notice today :). Along with that was a letter from Mike Honda.

On February 12, I dropped by Congressman Mike Honda's office. Next day, his caseworker made inquiry on my behalf. Today, I received the inquiry result from Mike Honda's office, dated 2/23/04:

“.... According to a recent meeting with CIS representatives we should see a shift in resources in the near future that should allow for an increasing in processing of applications like I-485's. You should see some movement on your case in the near future....."

I don't know if the inquiry triggered my approval, but it was a super fast response. I made another request with Dianne Feinstein on Feb. 9. They have never responded to it, neither returned the calls.

my approval thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for yih's efforts and information.

Can we define "the near future" as "less than one month"?

yih,

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for your efforts and info. Can you write a thank letter to Mike Honda and address the concern how to interpret "the near future"? Thank again.

wittAAAA

Thanks Yih for sharing this info. Even though your notice date is within the JIT but there are still many people who've Nov-Dec and may be earlier than that who are still waiting. So there's a possibility that your/congressmen's enquiry triggered your approval.
Congratulations and thanks once again for following up with the Congressmen.

Originally posted by yih
On February 12, I dropped by Congressman Mike Honda's office. Next day, his caseworker made inquiry on my behalf. Today, I received the inquiry result from Mike Honda's office, dated 2/23/04:

“.... According to a recent meeting with CIS representatives we should see a shift in resources in the near future that should allow for an increasing in processing of applications like I-485's. You should see some movement on your case in the near future....."
Hi, yih,
Thanks for your update on Mike Honda's office.

Project Kashmir shows:
approvals of 2/09 thru 2/13 ... 75
approvals of 2/17 thru 2/20 ... 189
so, actually the CSC had approved almost double number of I-485 cases last week.

I'm not sure whether the last week was the "near future" or not,
but even with 189 approvals per week, the backlog is still growing.

SPAM: update from Project Kashmir

Originally posted by kashmir
Project Kashmir shows:
approvals of 2/09 thru 2/13 ... 75
approvals of 2/17 thru 2/20 ... 189
so, actually the CSC had approved almost double number of I-485 cases last week.

I'm not sure whether the last week was the "near future" or not,
but even with 189 approvals per week, the backlog is still growing.
Last night, Project Kashmir had partially scanned almost 10,000 cases in relatively active months,
but only 24 approvals had been found.
The approval rate of the last week doesn't seem to be a trend.