Residency stamp on Passport

mdnajeeb

Registered Users (C)
Wow! I got my permanent residency after such a long wait. I received the approval notice last week. My online status says that they have ordered for Card Production.
My question is how do I get my passport stamped to show that I am a permanent resident. Where do I go?

Here is my timeline:
03/15/2005 - Applied for I-485 & I-130
04/15/2005 - Applied for EAD
07/10/2005 - EAD Received
11/10/2005 - Appeared for interview (Status: Name check pending)
03/10/2006 - Applied for EAD
05/10/2006 - EAD Received
02/10/2007 - Applied for EAD
04/04/2007 - EAD Received
11/10/2007 - Appointment Notice for Fingerprint (ASC code:2)
12/10/2007 - Appointment notice for fingerprint (ASC code:1)
02/05/2008 - Applications I-485 & I-130 approved

You won't get your passport stamped. Long ago they used to interview you and then stamp your passport, after which you waited weeks or months for your actual green card. Since your actual card is on its way to you, you don't need the stamp.

that,s not true, if u traveling or wants to show ur employer ur status in the u.s then local office should be able to give u the stamp.all u gotta do is make an infor pass and go get it.

You won't get your passport stamped. Long ago they used to interview you and then stamp your passport, after which you waited weeks or months for your actual green card. Since your actual card is on its way to you, you don't need the stamp.

that,s not true, if u traveling or wants to show ur employer ur status in the u.s then local office should be able to give u the stamp.all u gotta do is make an infor pass and go get it.

Yes, if you want the stamp because you need it for something urgent, then you may be able to go ask for it through an infopass appointment. But they will not ask you to go and you will not be required to get a stamp since you're likely to get your actual card in a few days, which is what the original question was about.