Residency in Illinois!!!!!

mumba

Registered Users (C)
Please I need your advice, though I believe this is not the right place to post this question but taking to the fact that we are all physicians, I hope you may help.
I will be applying for the residency programs in Illinois (ERAS 2006) and I am over 2 yrs from graduation (3+ yrs). The IL licensing board (temporary license) need 150 credits of CME (continuing medical education) from me.
Question: Is their any time I need to do the credit hours, or can I start it now since I just came to know it? Is it late please? Do they need me to do it since I graduated? I called the board but they were very vague. Please is there anybody that just got into a residency program in IL recently? I need your help please!!!! Please respond or ask your friends and respond please. Thanks in advance and God bless.

ur question seems to be very vague. I dont think that u need any CME credits to apply for a temp. permit once u start residency.
any way email my friend at karyekar@hotmail.com .he started his residency in illinois this year in FP.
give my refernce as Zafar

The Ill dept of prof reg requires your to fulfill a CME requirtement if some time ellapsed between graduation and the start of residency. If during those years you worked in medical (clinical or bench-side) research of did clinical work, you don't need to fulfill this requirement. The IDPR is not as strict as other boards like California. A friend of mine just got a list of conferences and lectures from a hospital where she was observing and listed them in her application, together with the CME credits each one gave, and this was enough to justify the requirement without having to present an actual certificate.

I think they may ask for 50 hours of CME

I think they may ask for 50 hours of CME, you can do it in www.medscape.com(It was free for 2 years back). take some 20 to 30 assignments, each assignment will have 1 to 2 CME credits. Once you are done with assigmet tests you will get certificate and take print out of all and attach with application or give it to your program co-ordinator they will send it.