Rescheduling vs FP Notice Date +90 Days rule

GCeppudu

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
warning: This is a Long one.

My wife got her FP notice for 09/18. Problem is she is in India and will not return until late october. So, I had to use rescheduling option. But, lot of people warned me if I use rescheduling option, the new date maybe 4-5 months away...and the I-485 may be delayed....

So, I went to the INS Denver local application Center. The receptionist said my wife can come and get her FP done anytime between FP Notice Date Aug 21 and 90 days from that date.

Problem: My company and lawyer did not agree..They said, if you don't go on your scheduled date and INS will abandon the I -485 app, what will you tell INS...some temp receptionist has told you that it is Ok to come 90 days after the notice date..Get Out of here!
and they asked me to get Documentation from the INS about the 90 Day rule...Are they Crazy or what! Everyone fears the INS. How can I get documentation from INS?

So, I went to the Local APS again and asked the receptionist for documentation...She looked at me as if I was crazy and then said maybe I can talk to the INS Manager at the site and asked me to wait for him....After I waited for half an hour, she saw me again and came to me and apologized a lot ( Am I dreaming?) for making me wait and called the INS Manager from his office to my seat. That guy was no nice, I fainted. He took me to his office , offered me a seat and asked me what I wanted. I told him about the FP rescheduling problem. He told me do not reshcedule. He asked when My wife was returning from India. I said end of october. He wrote a note on the FP notification "Will Return end of October" He even wrote down what are the best dates to come, tue, wed, thu....and then what days they are closed...

Then , I told him about my lawyer and case abandonment if my wife does not appear before scheduled date...
He said INS will not act until after 90 days after the notice date...
So, he said "I will sign it so you have proof that you cam here today" and "that you will return end of october(before the 90 days).

Terry Barabour was his name..Ins Denver,Manager. A very nice guy.

So , I faxed the FP notification with sign from the INS Manager to my lawyer.

So, we can appear for the FP anytime between FP Notice Date and FP Notice DATE+90 days.

Hope this helps....I was in lot of tension and read all the FP threads and was not certain about the 90 day rule...so , this detail explanation for other people who need this info.

90 day rule is weird. I am hearing it for the first time.

But yes there is a grace period for getting FP done.

Like one of my friend had an appointment for FP on Aug'1 and
incase he cannot make it on that day, he can get the FP done
on any Wed before last week of Oct'2002.

It was clearly written that if the FP was not done before Oct'2002, the 485 app will be void.

No more rescheduling of FP from VSC AFAIK.

Hi everyone,

Pls cud someone tell me how long it takes for the Fingerprinting Notice to come, after filing I-485 with VSC?

I am scheduled to visit India shortly. In the meantime if that fingerprinting Notice comes, what do I do? Does that Notice give a specific date on which I have to go local INS office to get fingerprinting done, or do I have to call & schedule a date with INS within 90days of the date of the Fingerprinting Notice?

It seems they send me that FP notice and a copy to my lawyer as well,am I right? So in that case even if I am in India when this Notice comes, I can call my lawyer and know abt the date. Then, can I call the INS office from India to reschedule the date ? Wud that work?

Pls help, what r my options incase I am not here on the fingerprinting date?

Thanx