rescheduling interview

spat

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anybody rescheduled the citizenship interview recently?

How much delay it will add?

Are there any serious issues, if I reschedule?

Thanks

Here is a simple advice.

DON'T DO IT.

It's the most crucial step in your journey towards citizenship. You don't want to create any unnecessary issues. If you have a trip planned, reschedule the trip. Short of life threatening situation, you should attend the interview.

Are you trying to 'reschedule' an N-400 interview for which you have already received an appointment for? If so, the conventional wisdom is "please do not reschedule" because this might cause delay in your Citizenship process as rescheduling may cause the file to be lost in 'pile' for few months before you see some action. In other words, lost in the USCIS’ bureaucratic maze (uncertainty of time).

Please provide more details why are you thinking of re-scheduling. If it is because of a pre-planned trip, you are better off wasting few hundred $s in rebooking or cancellation charges. Of course if there an acute family or other urgent issue, things are different....... details details……

note to self: equate is quick ;)

You'll find out when you cancel and re-schedual. They'll probably use a 2 year calander and throw a dart at it and that will be your new interview date...

And it is a 2+ year wait for the interview if the dart misses the board. :D Let's not even think what will happen if the dart falls on the ground.

You'll find out when you cancel and re-schedual. They'll probably use a 2 year calander and throw a dart at it and that will be your new interview date...
If she is marginally lucky, that is.
It can fall into the blackhole and never be heard of again....

And it is a 2+ year wait for the interview if the dart misses the board. :D Let's not even think what will happen if the dart falls on the ground.
That's when they just sweep it under the rug and it never happened...

Search for "fast track" on this forum.

The general recommendation you will get here is that unless you are in the midst of delivering a child or you have some other absoluting un-reschedulable commitment, rescheduling anything other than fingerprints during an N-400 application is a bad idea.

I just returned from my infopass appt at santa ana,ca. I spoke to the immigration officer about possibility of rescheduling the interview as scheduled date was too close to my delivery date! Two things he mentioned:
1)Try your best to make it if you can as it might add delays and nobody knows how much
2)If you still want to reschedule, then submit the supporting document at the address(he gave me - its the same office infact which I should send it to! but they prefer getting such requests through postal mail though I was ready to submit one right there as I was there personally anyway! )

So I walked out of the immigration office just half and hour back.. thinking about the odds I have and If I really need to send a request for rescheduling. I decided I would instead take the risk and wait till my interview date.. if I am still mobile that date, I might try to make it (wishing so). Otherwise, (like if I delivered right that week :)) etc, that I cannot avoid, I will call up the 1-800 number that time to know what I can do then.. I am not going to worry about it right now, as I have pretty good (health) reason to support my request later anyway !

-Sang

Gopal (gopalmn1965), were you just lucky, to get interview rescheduled so quickly?

Or did you have to do anything extra?

it is very difficult to get your interview rescheduled

Gopal (gopalmn1965), were you just lucky, to get interview rescheduled so quickly?

Or did you have to do anything extra?

Hi Spat,
I had work very hard to reschedule my interview. Once I came back from India I disptched a letter along with the appointment letter explaining my situation. I also took an InfoPass and talked to an IO. Taking the InfoPass and talking to The IO helped me in speeding up my rescheduling cause. Hope this helps.