Rescheduling FP date at INS Boston

Jalma

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I need to reschedule my FP appointment date of 3/13/04 as I will be in India during that time.

Does anybody know how long will they take to reschedule my next appointment.

Any idea, if I can just go in advance to get it done before i leave to India?

Thanks..

I think you can go for an early FP in Boston. I have seen many postings in this forum regarding that. For early FP you dont need an appointment. Just go with the necessary documents and tell them you will be out of station on the scheduled date.

My advice is not to ask for a future appointment. The process takes long enough already.

Goodluck
mdu123

I agree with you. I am gonna try tomorrow to see if they take me in. Otherwise i have to reschedule it.

Will let you guys know about it. Thanks Mdu

I have completed my fingerprint ahead of my scheduled date at INS Boston office. No question asked.

I have the similar issue

We recived FP notice for Mar 19th when we will be in India

I want to try early FP in Boston this Saturday.

Can you post your experience ? What time did you get there etc?

This will really help me a lot

Fingerprinting in Boston

Hi Pdwantgc
My fingerprinting appointment date was 3/17/04 March but I completed the fingerprinting today 2/25/04.
The person at the front desk asked me why I was there so early and I told him that I travel a lot and may not be available on that day. ( My experience different from Jalma based on his earlier postings). Then he confirmed with his supervisor who in turn looked at the workload (no. of people waiting) and then agreed.

Based on what I hear, if you are early by a week from your appointment date, then they take it. Otherwise, you are taking a chance. Definitely, they are accomodative.
Take your tickets to support your claim that you will be in India on your appointment date.

For fingerprinting, they asked for
1. Appointment letter
2. Picture Id (passport)
3. EAD ( I did not hear about this from anyone else in this forum)

I went there at 10.45AM. I would suggest you to be there at 8AM.
All the best

:)

My experience,

My experience,

I was there at 8.15 am. I told to a lady at front desk that I am trvaelling to India during first week of March. Though I have tickets with me which i Tried to show her but she never bothored to look at it. She gave me the form to fill up. My number came at around 9.15 and everything was done by 10.15. I just showed them my EAD card and fingerprint notice and my wife showed her passport and notice.

Good luck........