Requesting info - Please advise/help

Good luck with the interview

Best of luck with the interview....that wait was not very long seems the process is faster than assumed...there are lots of examples of interview experiences in this forum and others..search for NEW York Interview Experience and see what pops up..please share your interview experience..am sure all will be well..
Jahmal

Re: Good luck with the interview

Thanks Jahmal.

Originally posted by jahmal
Best of luck with the interview....that wait was not very long seems the process is faster than assumed...there are lots of examples of interview experiences in this forum and others..search for NEW York Interview Experience and see what pops up..please share your interview experience..am sure all will be well..
Jahmal

Passport request

Hi Folks,

I have received passport request from Buffalo and have to submitt within 20 days. As a requirement we must submitt passports of all applicants togather.

My problem is, My spouse is travelling. I am not sure whether I should get the passport in FedEx and submit or should I send a Fax to CIC-Buffalo to explain the situation.

If Anyone or Anybody's friends were been in same situation, Please post the guiding exprience.
Hi Folks,..
--Calif03
Calif03, what did u do ?? Have you sent a fax to CIC-Buffalo ?? I am in the same boat.
I sent my medicals in last week of Nov 03, sent other docs (us finger prints, employer letter etc.,), landing fee on 13 th of Dec. My wife is taveling to india for 2 months (Jan, Dec). So my question is how much time they give me in the passport request letter for sending the passport.
Can we send a fax or letter to Buffalo requesting additional time to send the passport. ?

How much time they give us to land after getting stamped in the passport, I heard it depends up the US visa you have in the passport. Is it true ??

My other question is I see some posts abt estatus, how do we check it ??
Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Fingerprinting Services in NJ

I went to this one...

LUJANSA EXPRESS
121 N WASHINGTON AVE, DUNELLEN, NJ 08812
Phone: (732) 424-8530

Charges 20$ for fingerprinting per person.
also you can get Passport Pictures as well as Green Card Snaps for a very low rates.

Found one more address ...

230 East Harriet Ave
Palisades Park, NJ 07650
tel: 201 941 0605

these guys charge 25$.

BFD

I recieved my CAIPS notes and my file shall be b'fd to NY in May 2004..I wish to find out from you gentlemen whose files were to be transferred to New York for interview just ahead of myself..

Did you all get responses before the b'fd or am I destined to wait at least untill May to hear from New York..

I was awarded 72 points and no reason has been given fior the interview..
Thanks
Jahmal

Correction to my earlier post

I only recieved my Caips notes today so I am only now understanding its contents so bear with me.. the reason I am to be interviewed is:

"An interview appears warranted to assesss the PA's Employment Experience and duties , edu Qualifications"

I therefore have two questions

(1) Should I submit documents to clarify the above.or wait on the interview call...I can make a stronger case than I made at the time of applying..I have not been notified that my file has been transferred to New York.

(2) What is the liklihood that I shall have a call for interview prior to my b'fd date of May 2004.
I welcome any suggestions.

Jahmal

BFD

Good Day jalabalajings and justcause could you all let me know the difference in time between the bfd as per your CAIPS notes and when you all recieved the actual replies from New York..
My bfd is May 2004 and I am hoping that I do not have to wait that long

Jahmal

Re: BFD

Jahmal,

I received a letter from Buffalo in September 2003 stating that my file was transferred to NY and an interview will be scheuled in next 7 to 10 months. But to my surprise I received letter in the 1st week of december from NY that my interview was scheduled on the february 4th.

So, just hang in. You may also receive something similar to this asap. Good luck.

DA

Originally posted by jahmal
Good Day jalabalajings and justcause could you all let me know the difference in time between the bfd as per your CAIPS notes and when you all recieved the actual replies from New York..
My bfd is May 2004 and I am hoping that I do not have to wait that long

Jahmal

Thanks jalabalajings I appreciate your response..I am trying to be patient..good luck with everything
Jahmal

I have recently received a letter from the Consulate General that my interview has been waived, which I submitted on Nov 2001.
Also, I was asked to send the following documents:

Medical form
Landing fee
Finger print

I have change in my family since I applied. A child was born. I would appreciate if someone tells me what are the steps to inclued my child in my application.

Please someone answers the following questions:

1. What are the steps of adding my child in the application?

2. What is latest I have to enter Canada once the Permanent Residency is approved?

3. Approximately how many days does it take to receive the Permanent Residency once the above documents are sent?

4. Currently I am working with Company A which has branch offices in Canada. Can I continue to work in US without entering Canada if I am transferred as a Canadian employee of AMS but working in uS?

5. How long my interview waiver will be valid? In another word, Can I wait for a year to send those documents and landing fees?

PLEASE HELP!!

New York Transfer

Good Day to all

It is 3 months now since my IA and still no word from Buffalo as to whether my file is as yet transferred to New York for interview scheduling.

Meanwhile I got my CAIPS notes and found out that my work experience and academic qualifications were under scrutiny hence the interview call. I am awarded 72 points though by my computation I award myself 76..still it is over the current 67 point margin..

So I compiled a comprehensive package that leaves no questions unanswered and details my work experience outlining specific duties and responsibilities (12 yrs work experience) and my academic qualifications (BSc MSc and 3 minor certificates)and all documents have been notarised.

I held on to the package for some time but recently I decided to submit it to Buffalo as it is taking far too long for the me to obtain the notification that my file has been transferred to New York....

I hope that my decision was the correct one and that the new documents are added to my file..I have confirmation from Purolator that my package was delivered to Buffalo....

So I am still waiting and waiting and waiting..any advice will be highly appreciated..from what I had seen above I thought my wait would be over by now..

Jahmal

Last edited by a moderator:
mb1, your answers.

1. What are the steps of adding my child in the application?
-> you ahve to apply for you child. Ithink, after child birth, you have informed CIC. Get you child's passport done. and apply for him.

2. What is latest I have to enter Canada once the Permanent Residency is approved?
-> Within 1 year of your(you or your spouse, Whoever's first medical) medical done.

3. Approximately how many days does it take to receive the Permanent Residency once the above documents are sent?
-> Well, Your medical result reaches there in 2 months. so, may be 2 to 3 months. Not sure about this one.

4. Currently I am working with Company A which has branch offices in Canada. Can I continue to work in US without entering Canada if I am transferred as a Canadian employee of AMS but working in uS?
-> No idea.

5. How long my interview waiver will be valid? In another word, Can I wait for a year to send those documents and landing fees?
-> No. I think, with in 60 or 90 days, you have to send. Read other posts.