Request : Please Help - Sponsoring - Mother

MUZAMMILS

Registered Users (C)
I'm U.s Citizen and would like to sponsor my mother , she is currently here is US as a visitor visa and her visa valid for 5 Months , where should I start ? Which forms do I need ..

I live in chicago and wondering if anyone has any experience with similar case , like to know how long does it takes to get her passport stamped or how soom she be able to travel .

Thanks
MUZAMMIL

MUZAMMILS said:
I'm U.s Citizen and would like to sponsor my mother , she is currently here is US as a visitor visa and her visa valid for 5 Months , where should I start ? Which forms do I need ..

I live in chicago and wondering if anyone has any experience with similar case , like to know how long does it takes to get her passport stamped or how soom she be able to travel .

Thanks
MUZAMMIL
File I-485 for her ASAP. If she wants to travel file I-131 and if she wants to work file I-765 . Once you receive a receipt notice for I-485, she is on AOS stage. So she can live here if she wants and don't need to go back once her visitor expires.

amishah said:
File I-485 for her ASAP. If she wants to travel file I-131 and if she wants to work file I-765 . Once you receive a receipt notice for I-485, she is on AOS stage. So she can live here if she wants and don't need to go back once her visitor expires.

You will first have to file I-130 at the same time or before filing I-485.