• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Request info from DoS and DHS under Freedom of Info Act.

DV09-cmb

Registered Users (C)
As many of you know the publicly available data on DV program by both DoS and DHS are very sketchy. I think we should enmass request info from these ppl so that a proper info is available for ppl who are going thru the DV process.

I made the following requsts, and hope many of you would just do the same. Higher the requsts from public, they will have to act....I guess. Let us try and see.

1. For DHS (or USCIS data) I sent an email to uscis(dot)foia(at)dhs(dot)gov

with the following request;

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Diversity Visa- AoS ( i- 485 filing) Statistics

I am interested in getting the statistics [for the years 2005,06,07 & 08] related to Adjustment of Status (i-485) filings based on Diversity Visa Lottery program.

I am interested in the applications received at the National Benefit Center for the above years under DV program eligibility categorized into the following;

1. Number of Principal Applicants and Number of derivative dependent applications received (sub categorized into benefit Country of the principal applicant)
2. Total number approved ( sub categorized into each Local Office which handled the cases)
3. Total number rejected ( sub categorized into each Local Office which handled the cases)
4. Number of applications abandoned or withdrawn by the applicant.
5. Number of applications rejected due to no decision made by Sept. 30th (end of FY)

The DHS yearly immigration statistics published online give only the basic details of ‘total number approved’ for DV-AoS cases.
It do not give total number applied and number rejected as I requested above nor breakdown of local office data or benefit country data.

I hope that you will be able to give me this data at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

You will have provide a name and an adress

================================

2. For DoS, go to the following web site and submit the request as I did below;

web site : www foia (dot)state(dot)gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

Subject: Diversity Visa Lottery Program.2005-2008 [4 fiscal yrs]

I am interested in getting readily available data for the DV program for the past 4 fiscal yrs.
I need the breakdown in Regions wise (AS,AF, EU etc) and also breakdown on country of chargebility wise as well.

Please provide me the following info;

1. Of the number of people who were sent the winners' notification letters how many responded back to KCC requesting consular post processing?
2. How many requested processing in US by USCIS for adj. of status?

3. Of the people who opted for consular post processing, how many actually faced interviews by paying the non refundable visa fees?

4. Of the people who faced interviews as above, how many were approved and issued visas and how many applications were denied/rejected?

5. Of the people who were issued with visas, how many actually made it to USA within the allowed 6 months period after issuing visa?

Under Other comments;

In my understanding all these info are readily available with DoS and would be glad if you can provide them to me ASAP.

Thanks

Next you will have to press 'genrate letter icon' and in the next page too press 'generate letter' icon. The request will be sent and you will get an email as well.

========================================================================================

LET US DO THIS AND SEE WHAT WOULD BE THEIR RESPONSE.
I KNOW, THE BASIC INSTINCT WOULD BE THAT...Oh those guys do not care and we will never get the info.

BUT,

Let us try and see. It does not take much time anyways!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As many of you know the publicly available data on DV program by both DoS and DHS are very sketchy. I think we should enmass request info from these ppl so that a proper info is available for ppl who are going thru the DV process.

I made the following requsts, and hope many of you would just do the same. Higher the requsts from public, they will have to act....I guess. Let us try and see.

1. For DHS (or USCIS data) I sent an email to uscis(dot)foia(at)dhs(dot)gov

with the following request;

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Diversity Visa- AoS ( i- 485 filing) Statistics

I am interested in getting the statistics [for the years 2005,06,07 & 08] related to Adjustment of Status (i-485) filings based on Diversity Visa Lottery program.

I am interested in the applications received at the National Benefit Center for the above years under DV program eligibility categorized into the following;

1. Number of Principal Applicants and Number of derivative dependent applications received (sub categorized into benefit Country of the principal applicant)
2. Total number approved ( sub categorized into each Local Office which handled the cases)
3. Total number rejected ( sub categorized into each Local Office which handled the cases)
4. Number of applications abandoned or withdrawn by the applicant.
5. Number of applications rejected due to no decision made by Sept. 30th (end of FY)

The DHS yearly immigration statistics published online give only the basic details of ‘total number approved’ for DV-AoS cases.
It do not give total number applied and number rejected as I requested above nor breakdown of local office data or benefit country data.

I hope that you will be able to give me this data at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

You will have provide a name and an adress

================================

2. For DoS, go to the following web site and submit the request as I did below;

web site : www foia (dot)state(dot)gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

Subject: Diversity Visa Lottery Program.2005-2008 [4 fiscal yrs]

I am interested in getting readily available data for the DV program for the past 4 fiscal yrs.
I need the breakdown in Regions wise (AS,AF, EU etc) and also breakdown on country of chargebility wise as well.

Please provide me the following info;

1. Of the number of people who were sent the winners' notification letters how many responded back to KCC requesting consular post processing?
2. How many requested processing in US by USCIS for adj. of status?

3. Of the people who opted for consular post processing, how many actually faced interviews by paying the non refundable visa fees?

4. Of the people who faced interviews as above, how many were approved and issued visas and how many applications were denied/rejected?

5. Of the people who were issued with visas, how many actually made it to USA within the allowed 6 months period after issuing visa?

Under Other comments;

In my understanding all these info are readily available with DoS and would be glad if you can provide them to me ASAP.

Thanks

Next you will have to press 'genrate letter icon' and in the next page too press 'generate letter' icon. The request will be sent and you will get an email as well.

========================================================================================

LET US DO THIS AND SEE WHAT WOULD BE THEIR RESPONSE.
I KNOW, THE BASIC INSTINCT WOULD BE THAT...Oh those guys do not care and we will never get the info.

BUT,

Let us try and see. It does not take much time anyways!!

The question here is " do i care" and i really dont.