request for additional evidence

blury

Registered Users (C)
hi every1..i'm actually new on this forum n dont know much abt immigration...i filed my application after getting married to a usc.i went 4 the finger printing as well.on 15th may i got a letter stating that i need to submit a birth certificate with translation(if not in english) b/c i sent them a birth certificate i got made from the embassy over here and they dont accept it.my question is how long will it take 4 my work permitt(EAD) to come...is the process going to start from beginning?or will it come sooner.they have recieved my birth certificate on june 8th..will i hav to wait 90 days again?plz reply...thank u
got married...6th march
application sent....4th april
reached them....5th april
notice of action i-797....7th april
biometrics appointment....21st april
letter 4 additional evidence...15th may
they recieved birth certificate...8th june

If you do a search about RFEs in this forum, you will find a lot of info about it!

The process was on hold until they got your response and now they resume processing again. It won't start from the beginning. Your EAD could be delayed a little and you won't be eligible to receive an interim one. (Only 90 days after they received your RFE response.)
Don't worry, you'll get your EAD soon. (At least that's what I keep telling myself! :D)

Thanks a_usc, I really hope you are right. I really really need to start working soon and with the SSN I could get joint documents much more easily, too.
Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate it. :)

Patty is right, the REF does affect getting you EAD depending on how fast you sent in the required evidence. She just re-open a thread, go there it will give you an idea.

Patty, I keep telling myself too that it's on it's ways :D

Cheers