REPOST - urgent need of help with I-864 for I-485

visacheck

Registered Users (C)
Before i ask questions, i will explain my scenario/situation first:

My USC wife alredy filed form I-130. I (B1/B2 visa) will be filing for AOS I-485 as soon as i get the receipt notice of I-130. I understand that an affidavit of support I-864 is required when filing for I-485. Here now is the tricky part... there are three of us in the family, my wife (USC), our baby (USC) and me (B1/B2 visa). Based on the poverty guidelines, the sponsor needs to be earning around $22,000 a year for a household size of 3 in order to be eligible to be a sponsor. My wife makes more than that so that means she is eligible. The thing is... we live with my wife's relatives (aunt, her spouse and another uncle). That would now make the household size 6. My wife will not be able to make the income requirement for household of 6. We now need form I-864A, contract between sponsor and household member.

instructions on how to count household size says it includes sponsor/petitioner, spouse, dependent children under 21, any other dependents listed on the federal income tax return and persons being sponsored regardless where they live. it also says if necessary to meet income requirements to be a sponsor we may include additional relatives (adult children, parents or siblings) as long as they have the same principle residence. it didnt mention aunt and uncle. we are living with my wife's aunt and uncles who are also not dependents listed on her federal tax return. my wife's aunt owns the house by the way. i dont see any category on form I-864 or I-864A that would make my wifes aunt eligible to be a sponsor.

My questions now are:

1. Do we still include them on household size which would make us 6 or just me, my wife and baby which would make household size 3?
2. If we include them, will her aunt be eligible to be the sponsoring household member even if there is no category for aunts and uncles?
3. instead of being the sponsoring household member (I-864A) will the aunt be eligible to be a joint sponsor I-864 (even if my wife meets the income requirement of 125%) ?
4. If the petitioner earns equal or greater than the 125% poverty guideline based on the household size, will that be enough to sponsor an applying immigrant or a joint sponsor still needed?

i hope i didnt forget anything.

urgent response on this matter will be highly appreciated. thanks