Reply to RFE

nsc_july02

Registered Users (C)
I replied to RFE on which was received by INS on 29th June after that there is no update in the case Just tells RFE received.

Details
ND : July 13th 2002 LIN02234XX
2nd FP : April 24th 2004 (Results updated on website)
RFE Received by INS: June 29th 2004 (Birth Certificate, Copy of EAD, Proof of Mairrage)

My question is that I replied the RFE in simple envelope (I understand INS sends a Envelope in which We have to reply to RFE) but my lawyer told that no envelope was sent by INS. Is it ture that they always do not send the envelope and does it affect the processing.

Now I am getting all sorts of doubt as to what might be holding the case from being Apppppproved.

Anybody has similar situation

nsc_july02 said:
I replied to RFE on which was received by INS on 29th June after that there is no update in the case Just tells RFE received.

Details
ND : July 13th 2002 LIN02234XX
2nd FP : April 24th 2004 (Results updated on website)
RFE Received by INS: June 29th 2004 (Birth Certificate, Copy of EAD, Proof of Mairrage)

My question is that I replied the RFE in simple envelope (I understand INS sends a Envelope in which We have to reply to RFE) but my lawyer told that no envelope was sent by INS. Is it ture that they always do not send the envelope and does it affect the processing.

Now I am getting all sorts of doubt as to what might be holding the case from being Apppppproved.

Anybody has similar situation

nsc_july02,

INS generally sends the envelope along with the rfe and will ask you send the documents in the same envelope so that tracking would be easier for them . My guess is your lawyer might have misplaced it.

I also recently got rfe for Birth certificate and proof of marriage, can you please tell me what all documents you have submitted as a reply for the rfe? and also did you put any cover letter along with the rfe, if possible can you send me the format of the cover letter.

Thanks,
octFiler.

I did sent a cover letter.

For Mairrage Certificate :

1) I sent county clerks certificate (I got Married here)
2) Sent copies Drivers license
3) Copies of SS Card
4) Copies of Bank Statement
5) Copy of Lease Agreement
6) Copy of Auto Insurance Card
7) Copy of Medial Indurance Card
8) Copy of Joint Credit Card

For Birth certificate:
1) Sent Copy of Affidivait from Father
2) Sent Copy of Affidavit Notarised by my cousin here in US

For EAD I sent copies of all my 3 EAD's

It changed only to reflect that they received the RFE but after that no changes for more than month now. I don't know what is going on there.

nsc_july02,
Since your status got updated, you have nothing to worry about. I am also a July-02 filer and responded to an RFE on June 18 (FP 2 in April 04). The status got updated indicating that NSC received my response and nothing happened since. Our files probably started collecting dust again on someone’s desk.

RFE reply

Typically INS sends an envelope and asks us to submit a copy of the RFE aswell along with other evidence.

In your case, since the status got updated, I dont think you need to worry about anything..

Regarding the delay, could this any of the following..

1) Complex RFE reply. may be it is taking more time to review and approve?

2) FP Expiry?

3) Name Check waiting?

4) Officer on leave?

I wish you good luck.

"Time is the only item you can buy from INS."

Right

GreenGuy is absolutely right. Don't worry thinking that they have misplaced your RFE.

In addition to the reason GreenGuy mentioned there could be one more reason

While reviewing your case officer thought that you are not good looking enough to get approved soon, so you better wait little more and push your file aside...... :))))

I am just kiddin...But appears to be like that man........You never know....