Replied to an RFE but are still waiting

last_gasp

Registered Users (C)
I have replied to a RFE and the status message says that it takes between 160-180 days to process this kind of case. I replied to the RFE in december and it's getting pretty close to 160 days

Is there anyone else out there who has replied to an RFE and has been waiting for more than 180 days for an approval?

wac-02-046-xxxxx
ND Nov 21-2001
RFE Dec 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
wac02042 and in the same sinking boat as you. It has been almost 6 months that I replied to RFE and my finger print results has also expired without a notice to redo... My RFE was for employment and still with the original company.

I was also wondering what is the average and worst case wait on RFEs. The only person that could have an ultimate answer on this would be Kashmir if he includes this in his scanning but am sure he has his hands full already. Every RFE says when it was received and therefore we could see what the waits are.

me too

my RFE received by CSC is >160days. no news from CSC.
Just called IIO, see my post "talk to IIO" for the detail

over 180 days

it has been over 180 days since INS acknowledged that they received my RFE (Nov 25th) No progress ever since, bugged my lawer last week to pursue an update but she is not very helpful.

No problem replying RFE, with same company same title etc etc. FP is gonig to expire in a month or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen some people on this board after replying to RFE in Mar-Apr-03 got approved but did not find many approvals to my notice for one who did replied to their RFE in nov/dec -02.I'm wondering what happened to those cases ,Did they sent back to the storage or what.

Deeps

lastgasp,

I am in the same boat and it is 170 days since INS received my RFE responce and AVM and online message updated on 12/11/2002.The AVM message says
"On December 11, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 160 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be160 days"

WAC 01-268-*****
EB2
ND 08/27/01
AC21
RFE NOV 2002

temporal,

My RFE was the usual, W-2's, EVL, tax returns and I am with the same company. My fp's have already expired and I am still waiting for FP redo notices.

I talked to an IIO at the national service center today and told her that my I-484 has been for pending for 16 months and I have replied to the RFE in Dec 2002. She read me my online status message and told to me that she cannot do anything until the 180 days were up and that I should call back once the 180 days had passed. What the hell I just cannot win with these guys...

Sillyman,
I just tried faxing them at 949 389 3055 and also at 949 389 3486 but no luck. It's keep on ringing all the time. Have they disconnected the fax lines too?
My lawyer doesn't want to help me. She always tells me the same thing "just hang in there".

wac02046
Nov - 21 2001
FP - Feb 1 2002, expired
RFE - Dec 2002

Response to my RFE was sent only last week. I was thinking that once the Response is sent it is a matter of days or matter of maximum 2-3 months to get the approval. From going through all of your long waiting time, it looks very dissappointing. A run on the RFE received messages should tell the statistics on the time taken for approval from the date of Response receipt. For some of my friends who sent their response in Dec approval came in 2 months time frame. It is very strange to notice the unreasonable delay in this. What the hell they are waiting for apart from the reply to their RFE.

Re: Re: Re: Replied to an RFE but are still waiting

Originally posted by dyke_of_bay
soon this board will be full of polls only and no threads :D :D

Polls exist in threads. You can have numbers and have responses too.
And voting is easier.