Renewing TN from H1 with a new company

TMA

Changing TN from H1 with a new company

I have lived in US for seven years as a software developer. 4 years with TN and 3 years with H1B due to the green card processing but have not gone to I-485 stage yet.
However, I am considering leaving my current company and apply for a new TN status for a new company.
Can I get a TN again with a different company?
If yes, is there any way to issue TN other than thru POE such as by mail?
I do not want to take a risk of not able to come back to US.

Another question is that I just got I-140 approved from NSC.
Can anyone give me the estimate on how long it would take to get the GC from now? Still devating whether I should stay with current company or move to a new company with TN.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
TMA said:
I have lived in US for seven years. 4 years with TN and 3 years with H1B due to the green card processing but have not gone to I-485 stage yet.
However, I decided to leave my current company and apply for a new TN status for a new company.
Can I get a TN again with a different company?
If yes, is there any way to issue TN other than thru POE such as by mail?
I do not want to take a risk of not able to come back to US.

you (your new employer actually) can apply for TN status with a I-129 petition to VSC. However, VSC is very slow (over 6 months), so you may want to pay the extra $1000 for premium processing.

you should have no worries about getting a TN at a POE. As long as you haven't filed I-485, it won't be a problem. there may be some chatter from the border people, but ultimately you will prevail.