Renewing EAD in Boston

485indiaEB3

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires on Feb 20th. Shall I wait till December to get my EAD renewed or I have to act now.

Is it easy? Whether I will get it in a day?

I have to get it from Boston INS office.

Thanks

no same day EAD from Nov.13

No same day EAD at INS Boston Branch according to a new policy so go ahead right away and don't waste any second.

cyj2002

BOSTON INS did not issue the same day renewal on last Monday and Tuesday. But they started issuing on Wednesday to till Friday. Unfortunately I went there on Tuesday.I did not get it. But I did get a stupid notice asking me to come back after frigging 30 days. My wife went there on Friday and got her on the same day. So on the same day(Friday)I went inside (You know that corner place where they issue EAD) and asked the lady why it is different this time. She said they got a notice from Congress to stop issuing EAD and Ap on same day for those two days. True or not I do not care. But that is what she said to me. But I suggest you to get there and get it renewed ASAP.

canGC123 - you are not alone.

Of all those dates, we went on Tuesday and my wife has the same faith as you are. Probably we should buy a lottery ticket that day. :rolleyes:

Please let me know when you get the approval. Thanks

hi all

I went today to boston office for EAD renewal.

They give me receipt & a note stating your EAD approved.
But come again during 12/9/02 - 12/13/02 for New EAD Card.

On aksing this to clerk she said, Camera Not working & they can't take Photo.

So I have to visit them Once more in next month.

Quick

Hi quick,

Do you mean the camera would only be ready after 12/9? Did you see anyone asking for new EAD (not renewal) get similar notice as you? I'm going to applying for new EAD later this week. Thank you,

x admin

X admin

I am not sure about some one applying new EAD. But if you have seen other thread here on this site about NO same day EAD @ Boston, Which syas people are given simple letter that they will here with in 30 days from INS.

Beside that when you take Ticket Boston @ INS service center For EAD related application they give u a notice, wordings of notice are exectly as under

NOTICE

Due to New procedures, we are not able to issue your employment authorization/Advance parole on the same day.

You will receive a notice in the mail informing you of the decision regrading your application. If you not received a written notice within thirty days of filing your aplication, please return to this office with this notice and the receipt for your aoolication.

We Apologize for the inconvenience.

------

Again remember that you have only 2 days in this week
tuseday & wednesday becuse INS is closed on thursday & Friday this week.

if u planning to go early before 7:00 am to INS please be prepared to stand outside in clod till 7:00 am & remember that people are standing out in line before 6:15 am.

best luck

Quick

Hi quick,

Thank you! Today I got my I485 receipt from lawyer by FedEx and went down local INS by 11am, and they told me the tickets for EAS had run out. I'm going to be there before 6am. Thank you for reminding me so I could wait inside in the cold winter morning.

In your original post, "I went today to boston office for EAD renewal.

They give me receipt & a note stating your EAD approved.
But come again during 12/9/02 - 12/13/02 for New EAD Card. ", does it mean your renewal was approved on the same day? So you feel they are not doing same day for new EAD but do it for renewal?

x admin