renewal of H1B visa in passport

sure vit

Registered Users (C)
I received my new h1b visa (I-797) last week. It is valid till 3/30/2005. My existing h1b visa in my passport expires on 02/01/2003. I hope to travel abroad for 15 days in December and was wondering if this will be a problem. I spoke to the lawyers and asked if I should go to Canada and get my visa stamped on my passport (as I did previously) but they suggested that there was no need for that as I could get it re-validated in the US itself. they said that revalidations should occur no sooner than 60 days before expiration and that I can wait till I return from my vacation to do this. This still makes me nervous so I just wanted to get the opinion of experts on thsi board. Any insights will be helpful
thanks

If you traveling your home country you can validate visa over there that is safest bet.

Otherwise as your lawyer suggested you can show your new apporval with your current visa at POE to get correct I-94 date and correct emplotment information. then get your visa revalidate after comming to usa. (I did the same thing 2 years back per-9/11, I don't know if it makes any difference)

You don't need to go canada, and if you want to go then there is no harm in that also.

JB

Originally posted by sure vit
I received my new h1b visa (I-797) last week. It is valid till 3/30/2005. My existing h1b visa in my passport expires on 02/01/2003. I hope to travel abroad for 15 days in December and was wondering if this will be a problem. I spoke to the lawyers and asked if I should go to Canada and get my visa stamped on my passport (as I did previously) but they suggested that there was no need for that as I could get it re-validated in the US itself. they said that revalidations should occur no sooner than 60 days before expiration and that I can wait till I return from my vacation to do this. This still makes me nervous so I just wanted to get the opinion of experts on thsi board. Any insights will be helpful
thanks