Renew J1 when current J1 is subject to 2 year HRR

rijo

Registered Users (C)
My current J1 is valid through June 2008 and by then I would have completed 2 years with J1 status. I understand that J1 can be extended upto 5 years.

Now I have got a new research offer in another university where I do have the option to continue on a J1 or H1 visa. My current J1 is subject to a 2 year rule. Since I have to join this new research appointment soon, I may not have sufficient time to apply for a waiver.

1. Is it possible to get a new DS2019 from another university to renew my J1 for three more years, while my current J1 is subject to 2 year HRR?
  2. Is it possible to initiate the waiver process now and still apply for a J1 renewal?
  3. Is it possible to initiate the waiver process now and apply for a H1 before a waiver is approved?
Someone please help..

Its very simple.

U just need ur current J1 to be transfer. It is called transfer of SEVIS. U have to request ur new employer to make DS2019 from July 1 lets say if ur current J1 expire on 30th June. And than send it to u. Ur current employer will tranfer ur SEVIS to ur new employer and in this way ur J1 will be transfer. The process is very simple and takes just a day. But make sure to have new DS2019 with ur joining date before ur current J1 expires.

jais