Remand to state labor cases should get priority in I-140 queue

amrcn_attd

Registered Users (C)
Of late, there has been a string of cases remanded to the state from DOL.
In cases such as these, they have been approved after going through the due process and a gap of 6 months between the time the case was remanded to the time the case was approved(if at all!).

During this process the applicant has to go through a frustrating and agonising wait, while other applicants who got approved(with similiar experience and details, and because of some other officer handling the case) get the benefit of being ahead in the I-140/I-485 adjudication queue.

I have a feeling that the uscis should give higher priority for such cases(other than in cases of labor substitution), so that they get the benefit of the time they lost in the DOL process. Remember, this has got nothing to do with the LC wait wait, it has everything to do with the labor-certification mis-handling.

I am posting this in I-140 forum as I feel such cases should be taken out of order and processed by uscis, with a six month priority over other normal I-140 cases.

Anyone please suggest to me to whom I should write to.. to make my voice heard.

Why do you think people who waited for long time for LC (without remand) don't deserve this same consideration. They've also lost time in the DOL process.
All immig processing should be driven by priority date, but this will make it very difficult for the service centers (if a batch of older cases come, they'll have to drop what they are processing and look at the new ones).

I did not say anything about anyone not deserving consideration. I agree that
immigration should be driven by priority date.

I think 'Wait' is a systemic problem,
'Remands' have a 'Wait' in addition to the usual 'Wait', which not everyone faces and thus tend to take a back seat.

If a bunch of old cases come in -
They should take them up as soon as their hands are free from the case on which they are working(not leave it in-between). I believe it is not done that way.
Maybe, on a lighter note...they are going on leaving.....and as soon as they reach the oldest bunch of cases in their warehouse, they get a new memo so they dump everything and come back to the new cases...and by that time they get another memo...phew!.

It appears that it is faster for an illegal immigrant and get citizenship ;)