Relocation

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
My company wants me to relocate to Oregon. I mailed my lawyer, he says that we need to use AC21, eventhough everything will be the same. I will have the same salary, title and job description. He says that using AC21 is safe and we need to use it because the labor was filed for CA. Is it safe to move with AC21? Or is there another way as I do not want to involve BCIS in this at all. If I were changing jobs AC21 would make sense, but is it needed in this case?

I dont think there is a need for using AC21 when you move, if you are with the same companyand same job. I dont know why your attorney is going that way?. As far as I know, its is enough if you file AR-11 and update your address at BCIS, after your move.

Best wishes and good luck to you.

Guys shed some light.....
Thanks

Lawyer is correct about using AC21, because your Labor petition is valid only for a particular location. In your case it is valid for
California location, fortunately AC21 allows to move to any location if your job is same or similar..

You can avoid BCIS involvement by:

1. Not using AC21
2. Have your employer relocate you back to CA for at least 2 pay periods upon approval of 485.

Labor cert is valid only for a 50 mile radius from the address used during job posting.