Relocation question

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
I had posted this sometime ago. I am planning to relocate to Portland OR from Bay Area, same company, same title, same job description, same group and same salary. My lawyer says that we need to use AC21 and that it will be ok. I am on EAD and my first 3 years of H1 expired in Sept 2003. I have the following questions
1) OR comes under Nebraska, will my case be transfered there? Or will it continue to be processed in CSC?
2) What about 2nd FP can I do it in the local office in Portland or should I come to San Jose?
3) What about EAD extension? Will I need to apply to CSC?
I have been debating on the move but with the lack of progress I decided to go ahead.
My details
WAC021275XXXX.
RD March 02
FP June02
EAD expires July 2004
Thanks!

Do you work for Intel? I think I know you!!!

Response...
(a) Your case "may" be transferred, its quite likely. It could well be transferred to your local city office...you may want to check the processing backlog there...
(b) For your second FP, you may be able to do it in Portland. But you will have to talk to the Portland office about it. Some local offices accept outsiders, some don't.
(c) Can't respond to the third question. Its best to get your lawyer's opinion on this. Looks like you may be approved before Mar '04, prior to filing for EAD extension, so this may be a mute issue afterall....

I had posted this sometime ago. I am planning to relocate to Portland OR from Bay Area, same company, same title, same job description, same group and same salary. My lawyer says that we need to use AC21 and that it will be ok. I am on EAD and my first 3 years of H1 expired in Sept 2003. I have the following questions
1) OR comes under Nebraska, will my case be transfered there? Or will it continue to be processed in CSC?
2) What about 2nd FP can I do it in the local office in Portland or should I come to San Jose?
3) What about EAD extension? Will I need to apply to CSC?
I have been debating on the move but with the lack of progress I decided to go ahead.
My details
WAC021275XXXX.
RD March 02
FP June02
EAD expires July 2004
Thanks!