relocating while I-485 is pending

pleasehelp1

Registered Users (C)
I relocated from FL (TSC) to CA (CSC), after I-485 has been pending for 12 months. I stayed with the same employer. I haven't been called for FP yet.

I would hate to transfer my file to CSC now, because i don't want any more delays and also don't know if my company won't relocate me again soon.

So my first question is: can I maintain the address (a friend's) in the original state (FL) and submit an address change form to change to the friend's address . Then INS does not know that I have relocated to a new state so I could keep the same service center and avoid delays. If they call me for FP or a final interview, i will travel to FL to do it. And why would they care ? I am still legally employed with the same employer, for same salary, same profession, doing everything 100% legal. It's not my fault that it takes them 3 years to process I-485, and then takes x amount of time to transfer the case.

My second question is: If i got RFE, what possibly they can ask me that would jeapardize my case: what documents shoud i bring : maybe utility bills from my friends place to prove residency, paystubbs showing that i am still with the same company etc..?

please help, i want to do everything legal, but i don't want any more delays...

Inform the INS about your change of address.

My GC processing was done in Vermont.
During my GC process, i moved from MI to MA to FL.
(different INS centers) and i have informed the INS about my address changes.

My GC got approved without any RFE or transfers.
So my suggestion is "Inform the INS about your change of address."

so an address change does not trigger RFE or Transfer.

Meow