Reinstatement to F-1 Status

taylor1623

My spouse and I are on F-1. My spouse applied for i-140 and i-485 and it is still pending. I was unable to register spring 2016 and fell out of status. I am currently seeking reinstatement. Will there be a problem of my reinstatement?

2016 was 4 years ago. Usually you would have to apply for reinstatement within 5 months of falling out of status; filing after more than 5 months requires you to show that there was exceptional circumstances. I doubt you will be able to get reinstatement.

2016 was 4 years ago. Usually you would have to apply for reinstatement within 5 months of falling out of status; filing after more than 5 months requires you to show that there was exceptional circumstances. I doubt you will be able to get reinstatement.
Thanks, my bad, it is suppose to be spring 2020 that I fell out of status

Well for reinstatement you have to show that you fell out of status due to circumstances beyond your control. Plus I don't know if you will be denied for immigrant intent since your spouse is doing Adjustment of Status.

Why don't you file I-485 for Adjustment of Status too? Most schools allow you to study while you have I-485 pending if that's what you want to do.